Jul 28, 2013
Hunter 34 Lake Norman
based on the pictures and the amount of water present I would say that the bulk hear has rotted out. The deck is not there to take the load from the shroud. So for me it would mean dropping the mast removing the chain plates replacing or repairing the bulk head. Repair fiberglass damage then replace chain plates and seal well. If you just try to fix the fiberglass it will keep happening as the bolts continue to eat there way through the bulk head.

Dec 30, 2020
Hunter 25.5 Great Kills Harbor
based on the pictures and the amount of water present I would say that the bulk hear has rotted out. The deck is not there to take the load from the shroud. So for me it would mean dropping the mast removing the chain plates replacing or repairing the bulk head. Repair fiberglass damage then replace chain plates and seal well. If you just try to fix the fiberglass it will keep happening as the bolts continue to eat there way through the bulk head.
Thanks @sailor832 I tend to agree. I have good fiberglass skills but don't have a good picture of exactly how the chain plates attach (I haven't found a Hunter 25.5 schematic showing that), so I would be interested if anyone has video of stills of the repair process. If not, I'll try to document eventually.