Complete Refurb - 78 C&C Mega 30'

Mar 2, 2011
Compac 14 Charleston, SC
I never got to sail on it in heavy air but guess its possible to plane one. I've done it many times on a Laser2 when I was a much younger sailor.

Feb 11, 2012
C&C Mega 30 Long Point, Lake Erie
More electrical panel assembly.
Lightly tinted polycarbonate (want it much darker!)
Applied thin high quality gloss black vinyl to both the panel and the cockpit support, between the poly & aluminum.
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Feb 11, 2012
Mock up of the companionway steps.
Legs will hinge and fold up & behind.
Top is hinged to hang straight down.
Steps will hinge to fold away.
Entire staircase will also be able to swing straight up into companionway entrance, and be fastened out of the way.
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Feb 11, 2012
Trial fit for the mast tabernacle crutch (looks heavy duty, but only weighs about 3 lbs)...
and the aft mast crutch - incorporated into the tiller casing.
Rollers will be installed, and two SS cables 3/16" from the aft crutch roller to port & stbd backstay fittings, for added support.
Lastly, the bow pulpit mast cradle.
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Oct 10, 2015
c & c mega 30 portstanley
posted a picture looking at stern--we are trying to figure out if previous owner altered the entire back of boat. What you are seeing is a measurement from the divider on floor of cockpit- back to the interior of stern. Hoping you could make the same measurement on your boat and let me know-Mine is 16.75 inches.

Feb 11, 2012
posted a picture looking at stern--we are trying to figure out if previous owner altered the entire back of boat. What you are seeing is a measurement from the divider on floor of cockpit- back to the interior of stern. Hoping you could make the same measurement on your boat and let me know-Mine is 16.75 inches.
That measurement is accurate.
image.jpg

image.jpg

Feb 11, 2012
Two 3/16" aluminum backing plates for the outboard motor mount. Maximum coverage of available space inside the transom. The boat was not designed for the outboard to be mounted to starboard.
image.jpg

image.jpg

Feb 11, 2012
Cutting and filing the parts for the companionway staircase. Bent the steps and made the curved supports for them. Four aluminum tabs still to do for the step hinges then off to be welded.
image.jpg

image.jpg

Feb 11, 2012
Finally got back to the teak cabinetry.
Installed the white counter top, sink, faucet, fiddle, and 110 volt outlet.
image.jpg

Also made use of the left over counter cut out for the sink.....little bit more filing needed, to have it sit lower.
image.jpg

Feb 11, 2012
Picked up our new Highfield CL290 BL....Toronto boat show purchase. 123 lbs.
Aluminum hull with raised aluminum flat floor, bow locker, seat bag, boat cover, fuel tank etc.
Fits perfectly on the fore deck for trailering, or while sailing in poor weather.
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Jan 1, 2006
Slickcraft 26 Sailfish
I love the openness of your restoration. It's a very clean and functional rehab. I think on a smallish boat keeping it open makes much more comfortable space. To top that, it is or will be a great performing sailboat. And, it goes on a trailer at the end of the season. I'm looking forward to hearing tales of your sailing trips. I'm trying hard not to go drive by that Mega at a local marina. It has some Siren like sounds coming from it.

Feb 11, 2012
I love the openness of your restoration. It's a very clean and functional rehab. I think on a smallish boat keeping it open makes much more comfortable space. To top that, it is or will be a great performing sailboat. And, it goes on a trailer at the end of the season. I'm looking forward to hearing tales of your sailing trips. I'm trying hard not to go drive by that Mega at a local marina. It has some Siren like sounds coming from it.
Lol, thank you for the kind comments.

Feb 11, 2012
Folding counter top is ready to install with the galley cabinet.
This counter has the same black hull liner on the backside as what I installed in the C&C....when it is flipped upright against the hull it blends in nicely.
The flip up counter, the galley cabinet & the matching shelving unit (minus the cardboard tubes...) is being installed tomorrow.
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg