The Lighter Side of Social Distancing

Jan 1, 2006
Slickcraft 26 Sailfish
Remember the roots. The Beatles were a bar band in working class Liverpool England. Billy Joel was in the hottest Prom Band on Long Island, the Hassles. Jimmy Buffett used to busk on the streets of New Orleans.
And I think they played in Germany for American service personal. Well they played for money, but the service personal had some money. Billy Joel gave piano lessons in Hicksville LI. JB isn't busking anymore!

Kermit

Jul 31, 2010
AquaCat 12.5 17342 Wateree Lake, SC
I can't be the only one old enough to remember the whole "Paul is Dead" conspiracy hype. Yeah, I listened to the White Album backwards and heard "Paul is dead, Paul is dead." Maybe augmented by some reality altering substances. It's ironic that Paul is not dead but two of the Fab Four are. It was only when Paul did those deplorable albums with Linda that we started to wish he was dead. "I Love You..."
You gotta love Sally G!

Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
It's ironic that Paul is not dead but two of the Fab Four are. It was only when Paul did those deplorable albums with Linda that we started to wish he was dead. "I Love You..."
I agree! "Silly Love Song" was just that! :puke:

Sep 25, 2018
Catalina Capri 22 Capri EXPO 14.2 1282 Stony Point
I loved spam as a child. Didn't eat it again for 50 years. Tried it last year and wondered how I survived eating it for the first 20. The salt content was astounding. The taste was .......salt. I won't keep it even as an emergency food source. Better hungry than dead from salt poisoning.

Oct 1, 2007
Boston Whaler Super Sport Pt. Judith
Were they ahead of their time?

50s fallout shelter:

Love how they’re dressed.
My mom wore dresses just like that....happy days...post Korean War, plenty of jobs...lots of happiness around....all was great until the JFK assassination...then 'Nam.....flat to downhill since...

Jan 11, 2014
Sabre 362 113 Fair Haven, NY
My mom wore dresses just like that....happy days...post Korean War, plenty of jobs...lots of happiness around....all was great until the JFK assassination...then 'Nam.....flat to downhill since...
Well, that would be one interpretation of the 50's until now. However, I'm not sure all would agree. And before Phil comes in with his 16" guns reminding us this is about sailing and boats, lets move on to other lighter sides of social distancing. :)

• Helpful
Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
I can't help but notice there's no head.
So, no TP shortage?

A boat, with a head and plenty of seaweed. The old Greek sponge boats kept a sponge tied to a lanyard hanging over the side as the community wipe.

Another lesson from the past.

-Will (Dragonfly)

Jim26m

Apr 3, 2019
Macgregor 26M Mobile AL
So, no TP shortage?

A boat, with a head and plenty of seaweed. The old Greek sponge boats kept a sponge tied to a lanyard hanging over the side as the community wiped.

-Will (Dragonfly)
Yuck. Funny, but Yuck

Jan 11, 2014
Sabre 362 113 Fair Haven, NY
So, no TP shortage?

A boat, with a head and plenty of seaweed. The old Greek sponge boats kept a sponge tied to a lanyard hanging over the side as the community wiped.

-Will (Dragonfly)
This was from the time when toothpaste commercials on TV were considered a personal product and not allowed. On TV parents slept in single beds with one foot on the floor. So there was certainly no need for a head, we didn't do that back then. ;)

Jan 2, 2017
O'Day & Islander 322 & 37 Scottsdale, AZ & Owls Head, ME
Now movies show men standing at urinals. Don’t see why we have to see that.

Kermit

Jul 31, 2010
AquaCat 12.5 17342 Wateree Lake, SC
This was from the time when toothpaste commercials on TV were considered a personal product and not allowed. On TV parents slept in single beds with one foot on the floor. So there was certainly no need for a head, we didn't do that back then. ;)
Extra credit to the first person who knows who the first couple to be seen in bed together on network tv was.