The Lighter Side of Social Distancing

Jan 11, 2014
Sabre 362 113 Fair Haven, NY
Tuned to Yesterday on WRVO in Oswego, NY. Its available online as well as with an app.

Back in 1972 the original Star Wars was a radio drama. Broadcast every Sunday evening my room mate and I would listen to the adventures of Luke, Chewy, R2D2 and 3CPO.

DougM

Jul 24, 2005
Beneteau 323 Manistee, MI
Good grief... I hate to say I remember the old Saturday morning and after school TV shows.Getting up early and watching the test pattern until the cartoons came on,The Lone Ranger, Cisco Kid, Roy Rogers, Sky King... The local TV clown or local cowboy with live kids audience. (One especially memorable moment when a kid stood up and said ”This is for you Ernie and I really mean it!” and flipped him the bird.) Snowy black and white and a choice of 3 channels. 6:00 PM 15 minute news.(Cronkite, Douglas Edwards etc). Edward R. Murrow with his Sunday show, and even back then Meet the Press.

DArcy

Feb 11, 2017
Islander Freeport 36 Ottawa
You guys make me feel young :cool:. Although I do remember waiting for the Saturday morning cartoons to start but it was Looney Toons.

Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
Tuned to Yesterday on WRVO in Oswego, NY. Its available online as well as with an app.

Back in 1972 the original Star Wars was a radio drama. Broadcast every Sunday evening my room mate and I would listen to the adventures of Luke, Chewy, R2D2 and 3CPO.
Dave, did you mean '82? That's all I find.

Jan 11, 2014
Sabre 362 113 Fair Haven, NY
Dave, did you mean '82? That's all I find.
I'm certain of the year, it was the 72-73 school year. It might have a similar show to Star Wars or it might have been a precursor to the Star Wars franchise under a different name.

DaveJ

Apr 2, 2013
Catalina 310 Niagara-on-the-Lake
Can we shower yet, or still just wash our hands all day.....?

And another favorite.

The whole world is struggling with COVID-19 right now, but China got it right off the bat....

Cheers
dj