The Lighter Side of Social Distancing

Jan 11, 2014
Sabre 362 113 Fair Haven, NY
Well I’ll be. You’re right. Extra credit for you!!!
DuckDuckGo.com is my friend. ;)

(DuckDuckGo.com is a competitor to Google search. Unlike Google, DDG does not track your searches or your presence on the internet. Searches will yield ads as well as content, however, the ads are only driven by the current search topic. Search for Boat Shoes and you will get ads for boat shoe companies, but those ads will not follow you around the internet. DDG has been my search engine of choice for several years and I rarely use Google any more.)

Jan 1, 2006
Slickcraft 26 Sailfish
I think it was very limited if it existed at all. Radio was king. A friend of mine is an early TV collector. I'm pretty sure he told us TV technology existed for many years before TV became widespread but there was no programming. It took years for the radio industry to morph in TV. No one believed that TV would usurp radio. They didn't know how to create content. In my memory, it was at least 1960 before I saw TV. Car 54 was the first show I remember. "Oooh Oooh"

Jan 11, 2014
Sabre 362 113 Fair Haven, NY
I must be a little older than you. My first memory is the coronation of Elisibeth 2nd in 1952
American Bandstand, Howdy Dowdy, the Mickey Mouse Club, the Honeymooners, Ed Sullivan, and too many more to remember. I could lay claim to remember the Queen's coronation, however that would be stretching the limits of credibility of an infant's memory.

Jan 5, 2017
Beneteau First 38 Lyall Harbour Saturna Island
American Bandstand, Howdy Dowdy, the Mickey Mouse Club, the Honeymooners, Ed Sullivan, and too many more to remember. I could lay claim to remember the Queen's coronation, however that would be stretching the limits of credibility of an infant's memory.
.....and before that: Flash Gordon,Tail-Spin Tommy and Crusader Rabbit. Almost as old as dirt!

Sep 25, 2018
Catalina Capri 22 Capri EXPO 14.2 1282 Stony Point
My first TV memories were Omnibus on Sunday Morning, Ed Herlihy (SP) and Mighty Mouse. Almost broke my leg flying off the stoop of my Halls Kitchen Tenement. My father worked with TV and Fax machines during WWII. They were faxing color photos back to Washington with a 6 foot diameter drum said my dad. I didn't have a fax machine in my office til 1983.

Jan 5, 2017
Beneteau First 38 Lyall Harbour Saturna Island
I remember the Lone Ranger and the Shadow
Before I retired we listened to the radio on night shift. CKNW had "The Owl Prowl" and it was all those old radio shows. the shadow, the green arrow, George and Gracie. A great way to pass a quiet night at work.

May 23, 2016
Catalina 22 #12502 BSC
re: TP shortage...

I was recently reminded that we all have odd socks in our sock drawers with no mates....put 'em to good use!
(and turn inside out for use another day)....