The Lighter Side of Social Distancing

Jan 5, 2017
Beneteau First 38 Lyall Harbour Saturna Island
More people, closer living arrangements?
Maybe true though many European and North American cities have high densities. One theory I heard was that they have so many live animals in their market place but that is also true of other areas of the world. Just thinking that if we knew why it would be easier to stop.

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
From Wiki...
Coronaviruses are a group of related viruses that cause diseases in mammals and birds. In humans, coronaviruses cause respiratory tract infections that can be mild, such as some cases of the common cold (among other possible causes, predominantly rhinoviruses), and others that can be lethal, such as SARS, MERS, and COVID-19.​

The yearly flu we get and the colds are a Coronavirus that shows in more mild symptoms. This Covid-19 strain, reported as one of 2 that have been identified, appears more contagious and with a more lethal outcome for certain members of the community.

Oct 22, 2014
Reports I have read talk about the use, by the Chinese, of animals other than the traditional western farm animals in their diet. These appear to be one of the pathways for transmission to Humans.

Apr 16, 2017
Federation NCC-1701 Riverside
Did i ever tell the story about how my boat and Harbor Freight saved my life and the lives of others?
20200401_212242.jpg

Jan 5, 2017
Beneteau First 38 Lyall Harbour Saturna Island
@Kermit , I've never eaten a bat of any kind. Not sure what under cooked would mean? Please enlighten me.

Kermit

Jul 31, 2010
AquaCat 12.5 17342 Wateree Lake, SC
Feb 21, 2013
Hunter 46 Point Richmond, CA
I buy and eat Spam. I used to keep it on the boat as emergency food if I ever drifted away...... Since then I buy the 3 pack..............for a few lunches now and then.
Brings memories when my wife and 2 young boys lived in the Litvinov, Czechoslovakia 1979 - 1980 on a limited budget paid by the Czech chemical company based in Zauzi where I worked to start up a benzene production facility that my company licensed to them. We tied to maintain a stock of spam sold under the name "weekend" when it was available. Obvious name because it would get you through the weekend on a limited income, since meat and vegetables were in scarce supply, especially during the winter, grocery stores were closed from Friday 12 noon - Monday 9 am and we could not afford to eat out at the 1 restaurant in town that was open.

Kermit

Jul 31, 2010
AquaCat 12.5 17342 Wateree Lake, SC
I have never eaten a bat. I have heard they taste a little like crispy chicken and over done frog.
I *figured* someone would mention frog legs. I’m so glad you didn’t disappoint! I love you man!

Jim26m

Apr 3, 2019
Macgregor 26M Mobile AL
Wrapped in bacon, in the crockpot with some spicy barbecue sauce... it works on squirrel, maybe it would work for bat...

Nope, just don't think I could do it without bat being the food of VERY last resort. As long as there's SPAM, I ain't eating bat.

Oct 22, 2014
I've heard they taste like ash
I’ve heard you can wash that taste away with a beer.
A41169C6-9E27-4F3B-A663-51FEF022A353.jpeg

Worst news possible.

Mexico stops brewing Corona beer, deemed non-essential in epidemic
PUBLISHED FRI, APR 3 2020 4:12 PM EDT

What to do with the bag of limes in the refrigerator?

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
I’ve heard you can wash that taste away with a beer.
View attachment 176925

Worst news possible.

Mexico stops brewing Corona beer, deemed non-essential in epidemic
PUBLISHED FRI, APR 3 2020 4:12 PM EDT
And yet...
Liquor stores are deemed essential services.

Don't they realize beer is the reason humans were able to pull themselves out of the stone age? Pathogen-free.

-Will (Dragonfly)