Let’s build a Sailors Music Playlist...

Kermit

Jul 31, 2010
AquaCat 12.5 17342 Wateree Lake, SC
I always listen for sailing songs. Happy or sad. Most are happy, some make me weepy. You-tube makes it easy to share your favorites. I’m mostly interested in what you like to listen to as a primal motivator for showing the crew (or guests) that you own this boat, and we’re looking gonna have a friggin’ good time! My Admiral turned me on to a song by The Beach Boys that I’ve never heard before, therefore this is my first contribution:

Share your favorite....
Actually neither the title nor the original text says he’s looking for nautical music. Just music that tells his guests he owns his boat.

Nov 30, 2015
Hunter 1978 H30 Cherubini, Treman Marina, Ithaca, NY
Actually neither the title nor the original text says he’s looking for nautical music. Just music that tells his guests he owns his boat.
Hey Jimmy, my Cindy felt the same thing when she first read my original post. She says this is more like the song that I generally live up to. At least the word “Yacht” in the song qualifies it for a sailing themed ditty. Oddly I’ve had a crush on the artist all my life.:cool:

Nov 30, 2015
Hunter 1978 H30 Cherubini, Treman Marina, Ithaca, NY
Northwest Passage
Nice! Although not my typical preference for songs, this hit the nail on the head. I’ve been watching a series on AMC titled “The Terror” and I’m glued to the television every week. The show is a bit fictional, but who doesn’t tremble at the thought of your tall ship frozen in ice. Good post William!

Oct 13, 2013
Wayfarer Mark I GRP Chicago
Nice! Although not my typical preference for songs, this hit the nail on the head. I’ve been watching a series on AMC titled “The Terror” and I’m glued to the television every week. The show is a bit fictional, but who doesn’t tremble at the thought of your tall ship frozen in ice. Good post William!
Been watching as well. Enjoying it so far.

Jan 2, 2017
O'Day & Islander 322 & 37 Scottsdale, AZ & Owls Head, ME
Beyond the Sea - preferably sung by Rod Stewart
Cruising - Smokey Robinson
Breezin' - George Benson
Bali Hai - from South Pacific
The Water is Wide - James Taylor version.