Let’s build a Sailors Music Playlist...

Nov 30, 2015
Hunter 1978 H30 Cherubini, Treman Marina, Ithaca, NY
You may not know that JB lost his dad to Alzheimers in 2003. He wrote the last song on the Banana Wind album, "False Echoes" as a tribute to him not long after it was diagnosed. I read somewhere that the other voice on it is James Taylor, but no mention of it in album credits. Guaranteed to put a lump in your throat.
--Peggie
Thanks Sweetie, Now I gotta go back and check, JT is one of my favorites and within my vocal range.

Feb 17, 2006
Lancer 27PS MCB Camp Pendleton KF6BL
Oh oh. One would suggest that it wasn't intended as malicious.
No, it probably was not. More of fun than malicious. However, the content was not appropriate for our forum. Other forums might laugh and say "cool", but that is what makes SBO a better place to be. Let's try and keep our forum "cleaner" for everyone to enjoy.

Pat

Jun 7, 2004
Oday 272LE Ninnescah Yacht Club, Wichita, Ks.
I have the album Wed. Morning, 3 a.m....by Simon and Garfunkle...what a great, great album...I had to be one of the first people to have the album as it had just come out in late 1970..I heard it in the basement of my wife's family friends in Connecticut..it is still one of my favorite albums...Patrick.

Nov 30, 2015
Hunter 1978 H30 Cherubini, Treman Marina, Ithaca, NY
I have to admit that we have that particular song in one of Cindy's playlists...that we don't share with anyone. She, being a colon cancer survivor, understood the intent of the lyrics and at an early stage of her treatments related directly to the Warren Zevon sentiment. However, I totally agree that it doesn't belong on this forum, and even cringed when I saw it posted this morning. It has no sailing content and I knew Brian D would handle it correctly.

Feb 17, 2006
Lancer 27PS MCB Camp Pendleton KF6BL
No harm, no Foul. Lucky that SBO Police Bot didn't get it. He/She be REAL mean.

FDL S2

Jun 29, 2014
S2 7.3 Fond du Lac
I have to admit that we have that particular song in one of Cindy's playlists...that we don't share with anyone. She, being a colon cancer survivor, understood the intent of the lyrics and at an early stage of her treatments related directly to the Warren Zevon sentiment. However, I totally agree that it doesn't belong on this forum, and even cringed when I saw it posted this morning. It has no sailing content and I knew Brian D would handle it correctly.
This tells me what song it was.

Jan 2, 2017
O'Day & Islander 322 & 37 Scottsdale, AZ & Owls Head, ME
Grew up on this
Ditto. It’s what got me started playing guitar. I used to hide in the music store and copy down the chords. I’m sure now the manager knew what I was doing. Imagine my surprise when my teenage son listened to my old LPs and started singing the verses with his friends.

May 25, 2012
john alden caravelle 42 sturgeon bay, wis
it's blowing forty, 10' x 14' rollers, frothing in white, the 1 1/2 oz kite is up, the app wind is 30, but don't round up, the crew is tickling the sheets, it all feels good!
this is a favorite of mine for running hard