Let’s build a Sailors Music Playlist...

Kermit

Jul 31, 2010
AquaCat 12.5 17342 Wateree Lake, SC
I suppose I’d just as soon listen to something that’ll make my First Mate want to sit closer to me. Even if that means turn the music off. (I draw the line at the new “country music” though.

Mar 20, 2012
Cal 34-III, MacGregor 25 Salem, Oregon
I suppose I’d just as soon listen to something that’ll make my First Mate want to sit closer to me. Even if that means turn the music off. (I draw the line at the new “country music” though.
new “country music”..... at the very least, these words form an oxymoron.... more properly, it would read, "the new music that people who dont know any better refer to as country"....

And, some of the songs that have been listed on this thread have NOTHING in them about boats, oceans, rivers, lakes or water... have some missed the point of the playlist about "boating/sailing songs"?

Kermit

Jul 31, 2010
AquaCat 12.5 17342 Wateree Lake, SC
And, some of the songs that have been listed on this thread have NOTHING in them about boats, oceans, rivers, lakes or water... have some missed the point of the playlist about "boating/sailing songs"?
Thread drift! OMG thread drift!
-or-
Where’s PoliceBot when you need him?
-or-
Oh the humanity!

Mar 20, 2012
Cal 34-III, MacGregor 25 Salem, Oregon
Thread drift! OMG thread drift!
-or-
Where’s PoliceBot when you need him?
-or-
Oh the humanity!
I agree.... the concept of the thread starter is the entire problem.... we should all just list any and all songs that we like, regardless of what they are about, and clutter the thread with off topic songs..
maybe we all could just download our ipod playlists and most everything out there would be covered.
no need to stay on topic for unimportant stuff like music.....

Oct 10, 2011
Tartan 34C Toms River, New Jersey
I agree.... the concept of the thread starter is the entire problem.... we should all just list any and all songs that we like, regardless of what they are about, and clutter the thread with off topic songs..
maybe we all could just download our ipod playlists and most everything out there would be covered.
no need to stay on topic for unimportant stuff like music.....
Wow you must have woke up on the wrong side of the bunk this morning. Although I have found that most threads get away from the OP topic.

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
I’m mostly interested in what you like to listen to as a primal motivator for showing the crew (or guests) that you own this boat, and we’re looking gonna have a friggin’ good time!
Thank you @BlowMeAway (the OP) for giving us a clarification as to what type of music we should share.

Nov 30, 2015
Hunter 1978 H30 Cherubini, Treman Marina, Ithaca, NY
Thank you @BlowMeAway (the OP) for giving us a clarification as to what type of music we should share.
Well, as with any forum there runs a chance of Thread Drift...and even Hijacking. Especially with this overly bored SBO online crew, in the winter months. My original post was merely meant to provide "guidelines" with respect to sailing songs, as opposed to clarification. My God, I can't wait to get the boat in the water...and I'll have a much more diverse playlist after all this. Happy launching to you all!