Let’s build a Sailors Music Playlist...

Nov 30, 2015
Hunter 1978 H30 Cherubini, Treman Marina, Ithaca, NY
Poseidon
Nice tune...hate when Poseidon takes your boat. This group must be a local phenom, really sounds like a conjugation of “Orleans” and the “Allman Brothers”. Gonna add this to my playlist. Oh yeah, Welcome to the Forum. :clap:

Oct 10, 2019
Signet 20 0 Ithaca
Recorded music on a boat is not any different than watching TV on a boat (of course that's my opinion! Don't be an ass!), why can't you enjoy the experience without the freaking Beach Boys playing?? Or Raffi??? Now back home, or in the boat yard working sanding some trim or slapping glass, knock yourself right out, I do.

For pure musical enjoyment AND a nautical theme, try Dan Zane's Sea Music, breathes new life to some old shanties, great stuff.
Screenshot_20201124-193233.png

Last edited:
May 25, 2012
john alden caravelle 42 sturgeon bay, wis
your at the helm, heavy overcast, blowing hard, 2:00am, good sea running, half the crew is sleeping, the night watch is scanning the darkness, this a great album to slip on to sail by. keeps one smiling.
when finished and it's closer to dawn, try the trinity session by the cowboy junkies. now that's a great night watch on a cooking sea