Hunter 37C Database - HELP NEEDED!

Jun 8, 2004
C&C Frigate 36 St. Margarets Bay, Nova Scotia
Thanks for the organizational work. Ours is HUN37026M79B SEGUE Mobile, AL
Most of her life was on the Chesapeake until we bought her in 2005. A fun trip down the East coast.
Thanks for the info - I have updated the database to reflect same. If you want a copy in excel format PM me or drop me an email...;)

Jun 8, 2004
H37C Datebase Update January 2014

OK, as promised, please find the latest version of the Hunter 37 Cutter Database, current to January 20, 2014. Please send any updates or corrections to jameslegere[at]eastlink.ca. As well, any HOW-registered owner who has submitted their HIN is eligible for an Excel spreadsheet version of the database, which is fully searchable and has hyperlinks. Please email me if you want a copy. Happy New Year and fair winds!

Attachments

Oct 5, 2008
hunter 37 cutter brunswick
Our boat
Hun37031m79c.we have owned for 15 yrs. at the moment having a new engine put in in marsh harbour Bahamas..
Mike and Barbara frans

Nov 28, 2011
Hunter 37-Cutter Seabrook Marina, Seabrook, TX.
Jim,

My vessel information is below. This forum has been of infinate help with my 2 year re-fit of my Hunter 37C. This boat has spent it's life on the Chesapeake Bay and for all by 5 years of it's life has been owned by my oldest brother. He taught me to sail on this boat and now I have pruchased it from him to keep it in the family.

In the next few months she will be transported to Clear Lake, TX. to spend her second life sailing the Gulf coast and Islands with me.

Hull number HUN37152M80D
Vessel name = Dios Piratas
Owner = Michael Soares
Current Port = Slaughter Creek in Taylors Island, Maryland
New Port = Kemah, TX.

I want to thank everyone who has helped with questions and the great information that is contained in the posts on thei forum. And a special thanks to John Cherubini for his insight and vision in creating this wonderful sailboat for Hunter marine.

John Cherubini II - thank you for continuing the legacy and providing us all your comments and insights.

Thanks Jim for keeping the records up.

Regards,

Mike Soares
S/V Dios Piratas

Jun 2, 2004
Hunter 37-cutter, '79 41 23' 30"N 82 33' 20"W--------Huron, OH
That's a great story. But she should be sailed to her new home, preferably by you but at least by a delivery captain. Transport even by the best boat hauler is so hard on the boat, especially the mast.

Jun 8, 2004
Jim,

My vessel information is below. This forum has been of infinate help with my 2 year re-fit of my Hunter 37C. This boat has spent it's life on the Chesapeake Bay and for all by 5 years of it's life has been owned by my oldest brother. He taught me to sail on this boat and now I have pruchased it from him to keep it in the family.

In the next few months she will be transported to Clear Lake, TX. to spend her second life sailing the Gulf coast and Islands with me.

Hull number HUN37152M80D
Vessel name = Dios Piratas
Owner = Michael Soares
Current Port = Slaughter Creek in Taylors Island, Maryland
New Port = Kemah, TX.

I want to thank everyone who has helped with questions and the great information that is contained in the posts on thei forum. And a special thanks to John Cherubini for his insight and vision in creating this wonderful sailboat for Hunter marine.

John Cherubini II - thank you for continuing the legacy and providing us all your comments and insights.

Thanks Jim for keeping the records up.

Regards,

Mike Soares
S/V Dios Piratas
Thanks for the update Mike! I have entered the name and port changes.

Regards,

al6563

Feb 6, 2014
Hunter Cherubini Kemah,Tx.
Hi there H37C Owners,

Its a new year and I am taking another stab at refining the database of our boats. Attached is a copy of what I have so far. Missing info is highlighted yellow. For the build month, all I need is the last letter of your HIN (hull identification number, located on the upper right edge of the transom). There are also a couple of fields that are not shown publicly: your real name and your email (both are optional if you want to include them). So, if you have any updates or corrections, post them here, or PM me or email me at jameslegere[at]eastlink.ca (put the @ in the appropriate spot...). Once I have updated the data base as far as I can, I will make it available via email to any interested owners. I will also be updating the H37C History soon, if you have any other info for me.

I WOULD PARTICULARLY LIKE TO HEAR FROM THE FOLLOWING OWNERS- I don't have your HIN or enough info to include your boat at present: JohnB; Richard Shelby; Adjusterdehart; aboarduet; Pishon; emilbec; Steve h37c; smittyssi; YEHUDI; brobins75; merrickm65; CaptDanS; ybrad; tansey; Ollie Ree

Thanks for your help everyone! ;)al6563 HUN37180M80H Passages docked in Kemah,Texas

Jun 8, 2004
Re: s/v kwaai

Thanks for the info Brian. Kwaai has been entered in the database. PM me if you want a copy.

jphud

Nov 18, 2010
1980 Hunter 37 C Saugerties
Hi Jim,
I am the proud owner of HUN37149M80D for the past two years. She is on Lake Champlain. Sadly Dan Sheehan (CaptnDanS) who I purchased the boat from passed away about fifeteen months ago.

Jun 8, 2004
Hi Jim,
I am the proud owner of HUN37149M80D for the past two years. She is on Lake Champlain. Sadly Dan Sheehan (CaptnDanS) who I purchased the boat from passed away about fifeteen months ago.
I am sorry to hear of Capt. Dan's passing. He was a marine surveyor with a lot of knowledge of our boats. Have you kept the name Merlin for your boat? And what is your home port in beautiful Lake Champlain?

jphud

Nov 18, 2010
Yes Merlin is still on the transom, Orwell Vt is the port. Dan was a gentleman in all of my dealings with him. He was a proud advocate for the 37C and his love for the boat is what led me to sail my own.

jphud

Nov 18, 2010
image-1891434881.jpg

One of the many beautiful and unusual creatures of Lake Champlain

Jan 11, 2014
Hunter 37 Cutter Somerset MA
Hello,

I'm Walter Golembewski, the owner of HUN37101M79K . Have owned this vessel for about 18 years. This vessel is currently named "Moonshine". Home port Somerset Mass. Based on paperwork provided to me when I purchased the vessel, former names were "White Magic" and "Lolly C II" -- first and second names, respectively. This is a 1979 vessel, powered with a Yanmar 3QM30.

Sails regularly in the Narragansett Bay and Coastal SE New England waters.

Hope this helps.

Jun 8, 2004
Thanks Walter! I have entered Moonshine in the database. As always, if any owner wants a copy of the database in Excel spreadsheet format, just PM me or drop me an email: jameslegere [at] eastlink [dot] ca.

Jan 11, 2014
Hunter 37 Cutter Somerset MA
S/V Moonshine

Thanks Walter! I have entered Moonshine in the database. As always, if any owner wants a copy of the database in Excel spreadsheet format, just PM me or drop me an email: jameslegere [at] eastlink [dot] ca.
No problem, Jim.

You're doing a fine job and providing a great service to owners of the Cherubini-designed 37c's. I'm pretty sure that the info I provided is accurate, but if I find an error, I will contact you to correct it. I believe that I'm the third registered owner of hull 101.

I figure I'll be able to keep on single-handing it for another couple of years.

r/Walt G.