Hunter 37C Database - HELP NEEDED!

Tld

Feb 27, 2015
Hunter 37c Virgin Islands
That makes you and your wife very lucky sailors. And me very envious!
But your HIN is either a typo or hard to read. The last three characters should be -80G, the '80' being the year and the 'G' the month of build.
Ed, Thanks for the clarification! The hull has been painted dark blue and I couldnt tell if it was an 8 or a 3. But it makes sense now! I learned something from this forum already :)

Jun 2, 2004
Hunter 37-cutter, '79 41 23' 30"N 82 33' 20"W--------Huron, OH
How are things Jim? Just needed to comment so as to bring this thread back to the top.

Jun 8, 2004
C&C Frigate 36 St. Margarets Bay, Nova Scotia
How are things Jim? Just needed to comment so as to bring this thread back to the top.
Thanks Ed.

Its been a helluva winter here on the Canadian east coast. Still have 6 foot snow banks lingering everywhere...be a while before I start work on the boat! But this forum and the people here are always a bit of sunshine, cutting through the gloom. (as long as Rardi isn't going on about his latest, greatest sail on San Francisco Bay ):cussing:

Jun 8, 2004
This is really nice - bunch of old salts inquiring about each others' well-being after a long winter...what a great forum!

How are you and Mary doing, Bill?

Jan 22, 2008
Hunter 37 C sloop Punta Gorda FL
This is really nice - bunch of old salts inquiring about each others' well-being after a long winter...what a great forum! How are you and Mary doing, Bill?
Doing fine, Ed. On our way north to pull the boat for the summer. At Ft Myers Beach, going to Pelican Bay today.

Apr 1, 2015
Hunter Cherubini 37 Palm Beach
Hull 51. Add us to your list!

Hello Jim! Chris and Elizabeth here. We recently acquired a Cherubini H37c. H.I.N. HUN37051M79F. We relocated her last November from Beaufort, NC to Palm Beach, FL, where we are busily conducting a thorough in-water refit. Having determined that we just absolutely love this boat, we've decided to move aboard her full time, starting this summer. She took some damage several years ago in the Camp LeJeune Marina, and was dying slowly. A good friend rescued her, patched her up and got her out to Beaufort, where she spent a couple years on the hard. Now, she is on extended tropical vacation and enjoying the start of her new life. More as we go along. Happy Sails!!!

Jun 8, 2004
Re: Hull 51. Add us to your list!

Welcome aboard, Chris & Elizabeth! She's a great boat and I envy your ability to live-aboard (mine is currently buried in a snow bank). I have updated the database to include your info (what's her name BTW). If you want a copy of the database on excel, just send me a PM with your email.

Best wishes,
Jim

Mar 5, 2012
Hunter 37-cutter Saint Augustine
hello Jim
we have HUN37267M82B St Augustine Florida, we have had it last 4 years, found an old survey stating the boat was from oriental n.c. named breakaway,If you could give me a way to your data base I would apriciate it to. my best. Frank and Robyn Mendez. ps if anybody has a good staysail I would be interested. po. took it all off

Jun 8, 2004
hello Jim
we have HUN37267M82B St Augustine Florida, we have had it last 4 years, found an old survey stating the boat was from oriental n.c. named breakaway,If you could give me a way to your data base I would apriciate it to. my best. Frank and Robyn Mendez. ps if anybody has a good staysail I would be interested. po. took it all off
Hi Frank, thanks for the info. I sent you a PM.
-Jim

Jul 28, 2013
Hunter 34 Lake Norman
Hin HUN37331M84E
Owner Sailor832
Boat on the hard Clover SC
No name at this time complete rebuild underway

Jun 8, 2004
Thanks, I already have you in the database. Glad that you are putting in the time and effort to get this old girl sailing again.

Dec 8, 2014
Hunter 37 Cherubini Maine
Hi Jim,
I am now the owner of HUN37167780F. The HIN is painted over and hard to read but I think this is correct. My GF and I just purchased the boat in Connecticut, but the port of call will be Jacksonville, FL. The boat's former name was "Safari"; I am renaming her "Hypatia". We will be living aboard and cruising for the next year or two.

Craig Zievis craig.zievis@gmail.com 631-965-9425
S/V Hypatia
Jacksonville, FL

Jun 8, 2004
Thanks Craig, and welcome aboard. I have updated the database to reflect your information.

Dec 8, 2014
Hunter 37 Cherubini Maine
Hi Jim,
Looks like I'm hull 167. Formally, Razzle Dazzle in your database. I mistook the M for a 7 somehow (so did my surveyor; there was considerable paint over the HIN). Also, I can see parts of the old painted on name in the right light at the right angle under the new paint. I sent my docs to the USCG w/ the 7 instead of the M..... Hopefully that won't be a problem....
Cheers,
Craig & Dana
S/V Hypatia ("Like" us on Facebook to follow our adventure at S/V Hypatia)

Aug 14, 2011
33 Hunter Cherubini Sardis, MS
Could we be added to the 37C database please. HIN# HUN37176M80G. 1980. Boat Name: Endeavour. Owner: Frankiedogs. Home Port: Palmetto, FL.

Jun 8, 2004
Could we be added to the 37C database please. HIN# HUN37176M80G. 1980. Boat Name: Endeavour. Owner: Frankiedogs. Home Port: Palmetto, FL.
Done! If you want a copy of the database (in Excel) send me you email via a PM or at jameslegere[at]eastlink[dot]ca

Thanks.

Sep 1, 2015
Hunter Cherubini 37 Beaufort
Hello,
We have hull 381. Bought and Relocated 2015 from Atlantic Highlands, NJ to Beaufort NC. Hin HUN37381M84I. No name yet. It was called Yachtukus, then Sole Obsession, but will be changed again with us when refurb is complete. It looks like one of the last 37s' built

Jun 8, 2004
Hello,
We have hull 381. Bought and Relocated 2015 from Atlantic Highlands, NJ to Beaufort NC. Hin HUN37381M84I. No name yet. It was called Yachtukus, then Sole Obsession, but will be changed again with us when refurb is complete. It looks like one of the last 37s' built
Thanks for the update! Your boat is probably one of the last twenty-five H37Cs built; the highest hull # I have recorded is 403, built in Sept 1984. Yours was built in April of the same year. Please let us know when you decide on a name. I have updated the entry for your boat in the database. If you want a copy, send me your email via PM or at jameslegere{at}eastlink{dot}ca.

Welcome aboard!

Jun 2, 2004
Hunter 37-cutter, '79 41 23' 30"N 82 33' 20"W--------Huron, OH
All these lucky guys with "new" H37-Cutters. Just saw a note from Windseeker on my flooring post. That boat came standard with lines led back, clutches, and furling staysail. Boy am I envious. :)