Hunter 37C Database - HELP NEEDED!

Nov 28, 2011
Hunter 37-Cutter Seabrook Marina, Seabrook, TX.
New owner of missing Hunter 37C

Hi there H37C Owners,

Its a new year and I am taking another stab at refining the database of our boats. Attached is a copy of what I have so far. Missing info is highlighted yellow. For the build month, all I need is the last letter of your HIN (hull identification number, located on the upper right edge of the transom). There are also a couple of fields that are not shown publicly: your real name and your email (both are optional if you want to include them). So, if you have any updates or corrections, post them here, or PM me or email me at jameslegere[at]eastlink.ca (put the @ in the appropriate spot...). Once I have updated the data base as far as I can, I will make it available via email to any interested owners. I will also be updating the H37C History soon, if you have any other info for me.

I WOULD PARTICULARLY LIKE TO HEAR FROM THE FOLLOWING OWNERS- I don't have your HIN or enough info to include your boat at present: JohnB; Richard Shelby; Adjusterdehart; aboarduet; Pishon; emilbec; Steve h37c; smittyssi; YEHUDI; brobins75; merrickm65; CaptDanS; ybrad; tansey; Ollie Ree

Thanks for your help everyone! ;)

Jim,

I am thankful for this forum and all the Hunter knowledge within. I purchased S/V Symbiont from my brother, who purchased her in 1985. Since the purchase this April 2012 and have been updating her for the past 4 months. She has spend her entire 32 years sailing the Chesapeake Bay.

HUN37152M80D

Hull #152
Model year 1980
Built November 1979
Home Port: Taylors Island, Maryland

Owner Michael Soares
Email: msoares600515@gmail.com

Thanks for the help this forum has provide me over this months.
Mike

Jul 29, 2011
Hunter 37C Catawba Island, OH
Hi Jim, I have HUN37252M81J name Lorelei We sail out of Port Clinton. Had her for one year and LOVE her. We returned the boat to a cutter rig and like it.
Fair Winds,

Gary Justen
Toledo Ohio

Muff

Apr 1, 2010
Hunter 37' Cutter Nassau, Bahamas
New owner

Good day, I have recently purchased H37C Hin # HUN37117M80A
Home Port Nassau,Bahamas. No name as yet. Needs lots of work, needs engine and sails too. So far this site has been a great wealth of information.

Jun 8, 2004
C&C Frigate 36 St. Margarets Bay, Nova Scotia
Good day, I have recently purchased H37C Hin # HUN37117M80A
Home Port Nassau,Bahamas. No name as yet. Needs lots of work, needs engine and sails too. So far this site has been a great wealth of information.
Welcome aboard! I have entered you boat. It is one of the early 1980 models, built in August 1979. The nearest sistership in the database is hull 119 (Cat's Cradle) in Tacoma WA - you might not get a chance to raft up with her... There is a great bunch of helpful folks here at the Cherubini forum, so ask away! If you want a copy of the database in excel format, email me at jameslegere[at]eastlink.ca

Jan 7, 2012
Hunter 37C Lucaya, Grand Bahama
You can raft up with me as I'm about a days sail away from you in Grand Bahama. Will be down in the Nassau area at some point in the new year.

Muff

Apr 1, 2010
Hunter 37' Cutter Nassau, Bahamas
Thanks Jim. Pilottopilot I'm at the Nassau Yacht Club, look me any time.

Eric B

Nov 24, 2012
Hunter 37C Newport OR
Hi All,
I'm a new owner of a H37C I bought this summer in San Francisco and sailed her to her new home port of Newport OR. Name: Manana, Owner: Eric Boettcher,
HIN: HUN37003M78K.
Love the boat, got me home (600 mi.) in up to 40 kt + wind and 15 ft @ 9 sec waves

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2004
Hunter 37-cutter, '79 41 23' 30"N 82 33' 20"W--------Huron, OH
Wow! Congratulations on your new H37-Cutter. Hull #003 and you sailed her 600 miles along the Pacific coast? Great testimony to the construction of our boats. Says something about you as well! Welcome aboard.

Jun 8, 2004
Hunter 37C Database Updates

I have added Eric's MANANA to the database. Welcome aboard!

Also, Richard Shelby has informed me that s/v RAVEN has been sold to another Richard, who will hopefully turn up here on the forum before long...

Folks: any other changes or updates, feel free to make them known!

Nov 28, 2011
Hunter 37-Cutter Seabrook Marina, Seabrook, TX.
Jim,

I had thought I got my vessel added a short time ago but I don't see it. I purchased the sailboat that my brother has owned since 1985 (he is the 3rd owner) in April 2012. She has sailed to Charleston, SC. but spent most of her life in the Chesapeake Bay.
I am currently fully refitting her top to bottom in hopes of sailing her to the islands in the years to come.

HUN37152M80D
1980 Hunter 37 cutter
S/V Symbiont
Home port - Cambridge, Maryland
Owner - Mike Soares
Built - Nov 1979

Love the knowledge base and this forum. It has been a huge help in strengths and weaknesses of my boat and great ideas on fixes.

Thanks,
Mike

Jun 8, 2004
H37 Cutter Database

Mike (& everyone else),

One of the problems with the database is how to keep a living document current on a website like this forum. I keep track of the info in an Excel spreadsheet but I really don't know how I can keep a copy of a document that I am often changing and updating here on HunterOwners.com; maybe Phil Herring can make some suggestions? Anyway, attached to this post is a copy of the data sorted by HIN as of November 26, 2012.

There are other spreadsheets that I maintain as well. One has all the HOW registered owners listed with H37Cs, but it does not capture individual, unique boats, because the owners may not have supplied HINs and it is impossible to sort through old owners, new owners, boats sold, name changes, etc.

Any member of this forum who wants a Excel copy of the database can PM or email me and I will send it along. Thank you all for your help in this project.

Attachments

May 3, 2009
H Cherubini 37 Madisonville, La., Pontchartrain
Thanks Jim,
Hull # 10.....vessel name : Fantome

Wally

Tac

Dec 15, 2007
Hunter 37C isleton , CA
New here Just purchased the boat.
HUN37043M79E

Tac Two
Stockton CA

Jun 8, 2004
New here Just purchased the boat.
HUN37043M79E

Tac Two
Stockton CA
Hey, welcome aboard! Your boat is celebrating her 34th birthday this month. She rolled out of the boatshop right after Blaise Pascal's 'MIDNIGHT SUN', the boat that has done so well racing in the Gulf of Mexico - sisterships!

Email me or PM if you would like me to send you an Excel copy of the database.

Jun 8, 2004
Thanks Norman and welcome aboard! I will get an updated copy of the H37C database to you soon. Good luck with the renovations. Lots of help and advice available here on the forum.

Jul 13, 2010
hunter 1979 37 cutter mobile, alabama
Thanks for the organizational work. Ours is HUN37026M79B SEGUE Mobile, AL
Most of her life was on the Chesapeake until we bought her in 2005. A fun trip down the East coast.