Funny Friday!!!

SFS

Aug 18, 2015
Currently Boatless Okinawa
I tried haggis for the first time a few weeks ago in Glasgow. It was good enough that I ordered it again in Edinburgh. It was a pleasant surprise. It was better than the turnips and mashed potatoes it came with.

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
While in England I developed a taste for Bangers and Mash... never Haggis. But then I was 15. Who knows maybe my tastebuds have changed?

Last edited:
Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
Haggis Special - Special Haggis?Maître d'hôtel: 'Are you here for a special occasion?' Campbell: 'Aye, we won the third prize in the annual Robert Burns Contest, a haggis dinner for two.' Maître d'hôtel: 'What were the other prizes?' Campbell: The second prize was a single haggis dinner, and, if you won the first prize, you didnae have to eat the haggis.' Footnote: My theory is that all of Scottish cuisine is based on a dare. -Mike Myers

-Will (Dragonfly)

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH

SFS

Aug 18, 2015
Currently Boatless Okinawa
I have no idea, I just liked the humor.
Have you been there? Ireland would be a cool place to visit someday.
Yes, we were there a few months ago, and in the harbor there are 20 or 30 sailboats on moorings. I was pleased to see that on a summer afternoon/early evening they were being used. There is a guy apparently making a living in a diesel inboard that pulls up to a ramp at the parking lot and ferries folks out to their boats. On a Tuesday afternoon, we saw 3 or 4 boats go out after 6 pm. The next day 8 or 9 went out. I did not see any organized racing. I'll post some pics in the Wednesday is Photoday thread.