Wednesday IS photoday!!!

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Just curious Ken. How could you tell which way the Ferry was going. Looks like he was just a ghost in the fog. Was it the sound of his fog horn getting less distinctive as he faded away?

Oct 24, 2010
Hunter 30 Everett, WA
Just curious Ken. How could you tell which way the Ferry was going. Looks like he was just a ghost in the fog. Was it the sound of his fog horn getting less distinctive as he faded away?
We stayed over by the rocks (north side of the harbor) Knowing the big boys wouldn't go there. The fog wasn't bad until we entered the harbor.

Ken

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
fog wasn't bad until we entered the harbor.
Fog can be that way. Sneaky.
I like the Carl Sandburg description:
Fog​
CARL SANDBURG​
The fog comes​
on little cat feet.​
It sits looking​
over harbor and city on silent haunches and then moves on.​

Oct 29, 2016
Hunter 41 DS Port Huron
:wow3:
What's so important that a boat like that has to make a run like that?

-Will (Dragonfly)
I have no idea what the occasion was, but it sure looks death defying, this picture is of a picture hanging in a bar on Coronado bay in San Diego.

Oct 24, 2010
Hunter 30 Everett, WA
Not too scary. We know the limited paths the ferry takes. From our position we could easily see it's direction of travel. We could also hear it's horn when it left the terminal. That's for the short time it was visible (a few seconds).

Ken

Ward H

Nov 7, 2011
Catalina 30 Mk II Barnegat, NJ
In another more complete article, IIRC, there were injuries and damage.
Mr Scott must have been paying well.

Still, very cool photo.

TomY

Alden Forum Moderator
Jun 22, 2004
Alden 38' Challenger yawl Rockport Harbor
5:39 a.m., Perry Creek. Enjoying the dawn and a rich cup of coffee as the sun rises. It's ok but the light is still coming on, it'll get better.

Nothing much of interest at 5:39. Enjoy the coffee.
5-39 am_.jpg

5:42, I hear an outboard start up the creek. I sort of know who it is and know where he'll be going, soon.

Which lens? You gotta guess the shot and go with it. Check focus (auto focus kills many shots). From inside the dodger, I hear the engine approach.

5:45, Foy Brown's muffled outboard churns a softened pattern into Perry Creek just a few minutes before sunrise.

Perry Creek 5-45 Foy Brown commute 9-1-19.jpg

Sep 25, 2018
Catalina Capri 22 Capri EXPO 14.2 1282 Stony Point
Sunset over the Hudson river. May not be as warm as all those cruising photos but a lovely evening comming home from a day sail. I was out late because low low tide kept me from getting into my marina and i only draw 2' 8".

Attachments

Jun 14, 2010
Robertson & Caine 2017 Leopard 40 CT
Sunset over the Hudson river. May not be as warm as all those cruising photos but a lovely evening comming home from a day sail. I was out late because low low tide kept me from getting into my marina and i only draw 2' 8".
The lower Hudson Valley is quite beautiful, IMHO it can rival many other great landscapes on earth.