Wednesday IS photoday!!!

nat55

Feb 11, 2017
Gulfstar 1979 Gulfstar 37 BELFAST
Was on my midsummer cruise last couple of weeks. Anchored for a few day in Edgartown's outer harbor, near Eric Clapton's yacht, Blue Guitar. He was not on board ('though we've seen him here before).

"The 31.33m (102.7') Blue Guitar yacht (ex: Marivon) was built in 1967 by Camper & Nicholsons Shipyard. She features an exterior design by Camper & Nicholsons Shipyard. She cruises at 10.0 kn and reaches a top speed of 12.0 kn. She can sleep up to 7 guests taken care of by a crew of 5."

Eric's real yacht.....I met the captain of BG, a few years ago, he assured me Eric Clapton is not the owner, the owner has a home here in Maine as well as elsewhere, we have seen BG here as well as in the BVI. Eric's yacht Va Bene is a much grander vessel though I love the classic lines of Blue Guitar.

nat55

Feb 11, 2017
Gulfstar 1979 Gulfstar 37 BELFAST
We had a short two nights aboard, while I am recuperating from hip replacement surgery my ability to jump around on deck is restricted though I can still drive. This sunset was on Sunday evening in Pulpit harbor.

We saw an Ocean Sunfish in West Penobscot bay, there are more sightings this summer than years past
Cheers, Nat
9DEA97A1-56C2-4501-9D7A-96DB5B067735.jpeg

Attachments

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
Joining my father for a sail on Penobscot bay, years ago, we also came upon a sunfish. My kids got to see one of the most interesting fish in the ocean. For a good half-hour we kept tacking back and forth across his slow path. What a great experience. Sorry, I don't have pictures, nat55's picture brought it all back. Nice.

-Will (Dragonfly)

Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
A great shot missed.

I'm usually up before the dawn, onboard. Brewing the morning coffee last weekend, I glanced out through the port at 5:50 am and was stunned by the view. That very moment, the sun broke over the horizon and it was completely covered by the mainsail of this old schooner. The old sail diffused the intense hot light and the fabric and rigging were softly backlit and glowing as if on fire.

I didn't get into the cockpit soon enough and grab my camera (always under the dodger ready to go). This was the shot I did get. The biggest change was the schooner swung a bit and the rising sun leaked out below the stern spoiling the perfect vision I saw a few minutes earlier.

I can still see the shot, I missed.

View attachment 168939
I wonder what a sail on a boat like that weighs?:yikes:

Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
Not exactly sailing related but I was driving to the marina.

This was two Saturday's ago. Dawn on highway 85 N (obviously this little piece faces east)

I loved the way the sky reflected off of my truck's hood.
IMG_1899[1].JPG
IMG_1901[1].JPG

Jan 7, 2011
Oday 322 East Chicago, IN
Went out today with my mom & sister who are visiting. Both are pretty hardy and are always up for a sail.

20-30 knot winds...I put everyone in life jackets.

Tore my main sail during a controlled jibe...guess not controlled enough :-(

Oh well, I think that sail is 30 years old.

Greg

Jan 2, 2017
O'Day & Islander 322 & 37 Scottsdale, AZ & Owls Head, ME
Oh well, I think that sail is 30 years old
Definitely time to replace. Or overdue?
Like Tally Ho's folding cushioned seats, Greg.I have one aboard Bella Zee. It sits nicely at the top of the companionway, facing forward, feet on the steps. I call it the catbird seat.

Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
I got to sit in the Boeing seats behind 1st base back in the Kingdome days. First time I think I ever saw indoor fireworks!

Jan 7, 2011
Oday 322 East Chicago, IN
Definitely time to replace. Or overdue?
Like Tally Ho's folding cushioned seats, Greg.I have one aboard Bella Zee. It sits nicely at the top of the companionway, facing forward, feet on the steps. I call it the catbird seat.
Sail guy was out yesterday to measure for a new main. He wasn’t sure that the main was original...thought the cloth wasn’t that bad (except for the big rip).

I taped it’s up, put some stitches down the leech where it tore...see if I can get a few months out of her and get a new sail over the winter.

30 knot winds yesterday, so decided not to make that the test sail with the taped up main! But sail salesman thought it was a great day to test ! Probably wanted to see it tear out the tape and get me to do a rush order for a new one. :)

Like @jssailem, headed to a ball game today...Let’s Go Cubs !

7A65E40A-9E3D-4D25-BD3C-5A1AF47E0F1C.jpeg

Greg

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
First time I think I ever saw indoor fireworks!
They still shoot off Fireworks if a Mariner hits a Home Run... Happened once, big celebration. Tied the game up in the bottom of the 4th. It was a short lived hurrah Yankees came back and promptly hit a few more out of the park at over 100MPH...

Beer delivered to your seat. Fun day.

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
They still shoot off Fireworks if a Mariner hits a Home Run... Happened once, big celebration. Tied the game up in the bottom of the 4th. It was a short lived hurrah Yankees came back and promptly hit a few more out of the park at over 100MPH...

Beer delivered to your seat. Fun day.
Baseball is as much a head game as any sport. Watched Boston vs Baltimore at Camden Yards. Boston was up first. BOOM! Out of the park. Homerun. GO SOX!
after that, every one of the first batter's team mates had to go for the glory and none could handle the pressure. Boston couldn't recover until the end and, by then, they had too much ground to make up.
If they could have played their own game instead of that first fly ball's game.

Camden Yard is a fantastic stadium and, even with the cost of travel, cheaper than Fenway. There were a lot of Sox fans who couldn't afford to go to a game in Boston, but made the trip to Baltimore to watch them play.

-Will (Dragonfly)