Wednesday IS photoday!!!

May 25, 2012
john alden caravelle 42 sturgeon bay, wis
motor out to the trade wind, shut off engines, cross ocean, motor into the new country.

TomY

Alden Forum Moderator
Jun 22, 2004
Alden 38' Challenger yawl Rockport Harbor
motor out to the trade wind, shut off engines, cross ocean, motor into the new country.
I wonder about the ultimate stability. That's where the low powered rig might come from? A lot of the same concerns as a cat or tri in this regard as once she goes over, you're done. :)

But once you got to the other side, you could cruise where many deep draft boats can't. I think this boat is shoal draft by design.

Sep 22, 2018
Hunter 216 Kingston
I’m curious about what types of cameras contributors are using to capture these shared moments. I’ve always been a point and shoot type, I typically use my IPhone camera for most things. My wife is more technical and has Minolta gear with lots of lens options etc.

Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
I like to shoot (photographically speaking) wildlife so I bought a Nikon Coolpix P900 with a powerful zoom.
All of my 35mm Canon equipment has been in the closet for decades.

Sep 22, 2018
Hunter 216 Kingston
I like to shoot (photographically speaking) wildlife so I bought a Nikon Coolpix P900 with a powerful zoom.
All of my 35mm Canon equipment has been in the closet for decades.
Wow that’s quite a zoom factor!

B212D022-1E27-41FD-BE6A-9A8E620D2F70.jpeg

Apple indicates my IPhone 8 Plus has 2x optical and 10x digital zoom.

Last edited:
Sep 22, 2018
Hunter 216 Kingston
Yeah. There's a video out on the interwebz where a guy mounted his on a tripod and shot a video of the international space station crossing in front of the moon!
Sort of makes you wonder about the “look down” capability from certain satellites is? No more skinny dippin off my dock I guess;)

Last edited:

dLj

Mar 23, 2017
Belliure 41 Sailing back to the Chesapeake
Sort of makes you wonder about the “look down” capability from certain satellites is? No more skinny dippin off my dock I guess;)
In the 1990's there was a project where publicly available satellite images were used to create an image of one of the fountains in DC that gave incredible detail; you could see the individual water drops from the fountain hitting the water, as well as the reflections in the water of the people standing around the fountain. I wouldn't worry about skinny dipping, they've already seen it...

dj