Wednesday is Photo Day - 2023

Phil

Feb 11, 2017
Morris Annie Haleiwa, HI
July 3, 2022 rounding Kahuku Point shortly after sunrise. ~12 nmi to go to finish the crossing from San Francisco to Haleiwa, HI. We cruised down the North Shore of Oahu relatively close to the beach and hove to for a bit in front of my wife's parent's house. My wife, youngest daughter, niece, and sister in-law paddled out in kayaks and on SUPs to welcome us just off shore from Rocky Point.

IMG_4954 copy.jpg

PaulK

Dec 1, 2009
Sabre 402 Southport, CT
I anchored out last weekend on Lake Michigan.

I decided to swim to the beach and take a photo…it was a little farther than I thought:facepalm:

But I made it to shore and back.

View attachment 220206

View attachment 220210

But I am getting too old for this…guess I need to get a dinghy!

Greh
Not sure, but the two photos make it look like the boat's getting closer. Is your anchor dragging?

SFS

Aug 18, 2015
Currently Boatless Okinawa
We moved to the mainland back in June, and our daily walks are along Tokyo Bay. I took this with a cell phone one day a few months ago, thinking it was just a sunset:

20230925_172917.jpg

But when I looked at it more closely later, I wondered if I was seeing what I thought I was. So for another sunset, I paid attention. I think it might really be:

20230925_172935.jpg

We've been here all this time, and I find out I can really see it from my neighborhood:

20230925_173104.jpg

Fuji may not be quite as impressive as Rainer, but it's spectacularly symmetrical. Can't wait for the snow to fly, and cap it in white.

20230925_173608.jpg

Last edited:
Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
I also noticed the UFO in your first picture. Best not to talk too much about that one or the men in white coats will come down to the waterfront looking for you :cool:
20230925_172917~2.jpg

-Will

Jan 7, 2011
Oday 322 East Chicago, IN
Not sure, but the two photos make it look like the boat's getting closer. Is your anchor dragging?
Nope…no anchor drag. Just used a zoom lens for photo without me in it. :)

Greg

Phil

Feb 11, 2017
Morris Annie Haleiwa, HI
My wife and I just spent the weekend on Maui to celebrate our 27th wedding anniversary. We had a great sail & snorkel tour to Molokini with Sail Maui. Not as much sailing as I was hoping for, but the wind did not cooperate. We also did a great hike on the Hoapili Trail followed by a snorkel session in the Ahihi-Kinau Marine Preserve. A few pics for your enjoyment.

IMG_6678 cr.jpg

IMG_6684 cr.jpg

IMG_6706 cr.jpg

IMG_6717 cr.jpg

dLj

Mar 23, 2017
Belliure 41 Sailing back to the Chesapeake
I realized I take a lot of photos of sunsets. Here is a photo of a sunrise two days ago. Reflecting on why I take so many photos of sunsets rather than sunrises I came to the conclusion it's not that I don't see as many, in fact on this trip I've seen them almost every day as the 2am to 6am watch has been mine for most of the trip. But sunrises take on many forms. Often they sneak into being; the night sky becomes less and less dark and the grey of morning grows lighter and lighter until the sun is up and can be seen. Almost like the sun is softly caressing the sleeping world and slowly massaging it awake. This photo still shows the more quiet awakening of the day, it is not as spectacular as some of the sunsets. It's more like a lullaby softly singing to us: Awake, awake, another beautiful day is coming your way....

sunrise-november16.jpg

May 17, 2004
Beneteau Oceanis 37 Havre de Grace
It’s the end of the season here too. Hauled out last week. This was a few weeks ago, on an unseasonably warm weekend at the end of October. The leaves on Pooles Island in the Chesapeake were just about at peak.
1700360041258.jpeg