Wednesday is Photo Day - 2023

Jan 10, 2011
Macgregor 25 675 Lake Lanier
New puppy to go sailing with in Sarasota Bay. I just take him ashore to go potty. Does anybody have any better ideas for potty issues.
IMG_20221228_151818524_HDR.jpg

Phil

Feb 11, 2017
Morris Annie Haleiwa, HI
New puppy to go sailing with in Sarasota Bay. I just take him ashore to go potty. Does anybody have any better ideas for potty issues.
Several friends with dogs on their sailboats bought a bit of synthetic "field turf" that they put down in the cockpit floor. The dog peas on the field turf then they wash it down the cockpit drain with a bucket of water.

• Helpful

Phil

Feb 11, 2017
Morris Annie Haleiwa, HI
I finally managed to get a slip on one of the floating docks in Haleiwa Harbor. This will be much less stressful than having Kolibri on one of the fixed piers when big surf season cranks up on the North Shore of Oahu. The amount of surge through the harbor is really impressive.
IMG_3262 cr.jpg

Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
I know this is a sailing site but... I am hoping some of you might forgive me for being bi-boatal.

I think this is a very cool shot. My neighbor got this shot of me going to work this morning...

1680206796306.png

This was about 0710 on the Ashley River in Charleston SC. A misty fog was just starting to burn off right as the sun broke the horizon.

Jan 7, 2011
Oday 322 East Chicago, IN
I know this is a sailing site but... I am hoping some of you might forgive me for being bi-boatal.

I think this is a very cool shot. My neighbor got this shot of me going to work this morning...

View attachment 214147

This was about 0710 on the Ashley River in Charleston SC. A misty fog was just starting to burn off right as the sun broke the horizon.
I think I want your job!
I spend an hour on the concrete River we call the Tri-State tollway going to work in the morning, and 1:30 getting home after work. :mad:

Your commute looks more enjoyable!

Greg

Phil

Feb 11, 2017
Morris Annie Haleiwa, HI
The Dorade box and mushroom vent project is well underway. We've reduced the width of the "off the shelf" boxes so they will fit nicely in the available space. Received some brass pipe that will act as the cabin chimney for each Dorade vent, and done most of the varnish work on the interior trim pieces (5 coats of TotalBoat Gleam gloss to be followed with some Epifanes Woodfinish Matte). We will cut holes in the cabin top and fiber glass the openings to minimize the risk of core damage on Monday as the weather finally looks good enough to do so.

trim.jpg

brass.jpg

RussC

Sep 11, 2015
Merit 22- Oregon lakes
First sail of the season on Lost Creek, in SW Oregon. it was an overnight trip with good winds in the afternoon, had a short hike to a waterfall, and was my first time launching and landing the drone (DJI Mini2) back on the boat :yikes:. it's amazing how small the boat gets when you try to land on it wile also single handing. it was a good idea to do it the first time during light winds :oops: LOL. I made a lightweight portable "LZ" to fit between the benches in the cockpit to give a bit more room to land on but it was still challenging.
DJI_0087.JPG

Phil

Feb 11, 2017
Morris Annie Haleiwa, HI
I finally got the time to deal with two minor cracks in the wood of the companionway hatch on Kolibri. Step 1: scrape the ~15 or more coats of old varnish off. Step 2: use an Xacto knife to dig the old, crumbling epoxy out of the cracks. Step 3: fill the cracks with new epoxy. Step 4: sand everything. Step 5 thru n: varnish.

IMG_5953 cr.jpg