Wednesday is Photo Day - 2023

Phil

Feb 11, 2017
Morris Annie Haleiwa, HI
Just spent a few days hanging out in Makua Valley with my wife and two daughters aboard Kolibri. We also spent one night in Pokai Bay so we could go out for dinner at a beach restaurant. Some great sailing, tons of marine life (dolphins, sea turtles, a monk seal, and countless fish species), and loads of fun with my family. We even had a few rain storms blow through so it wasn't quite all azure skies and tranquil waters.

pm_DJI_0163 cr.jpg

IMG_8455 copy.jpg

jviss

Feb 5, 2004
Tartan 3800 20 Westport, MA
Very nice, Greg. Can you deploy it on your own, or did you have crew?

Jan 7, 2011
Oday 322 East Chicago, IN
Very nice, Greg. Can you deploy it on your own, or did you have crew?
Launched it by myself. I have a sock, so that is very helpful.

Tacking requires me to douse it, them move the only sheet I have to the other side.

My big problem on this sail was that I replaced the halyard a few weeks ago, and I was using my Milwaukee drill to raise it, and it went up so easy, I pulled the shackle over the sheave, and it got stuck! Luckily I could pull the dock down to secure it until I could climb the mast the next day and get it unstuck ;-)

Greg

jviss

Feb 5, 2004
Tartan 3800 20 Westport, MA
Launched it by myself. I have a sock, so that is very helpful.

Tacking requires me to douse it, them move the only sheet I have to the other side.

My big problem on this sail was that I replaced the halyard a few weeks ago, and I was using my Milwaukee drill to raise it, and it went up so easy, I pulled the shackle over the sheave, and it got stuck! Luckily I could pull the dock down to secure it until I could climb the mast the next day and get it unstuck ;-)

Greg
Yikes!

But then, I am impressed that you can fly a spinnaker solo. I have one, but I'm too afraid to try!

Jun 14, 2010
Robertson & Caine 2017 Leopard 40 CT
Recently returned from a trip to Penobscot Bay. Our first sail to Maine. Thank you @TomY for the tips and referrals, and everyone else who has posted here in the past about places to see and stop in Maine and en route.
Lots of beautiful scenery (when we weren’t fogged in) and wildlife, of course.
We passed this ocean sunfish close alongside the boat. It was about 6 ft across.
IMG_7108.jpeg