rOnDAYvous 2008 *bzz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 8, 2004
S2 9.1 chelsea ny
yes.......

last night I sent Pete some info. Therr is a brand new Quality Inn about 1/2 mile form my condo and 4 mi. from the YC (it is the closest hotel) I am going there next week to se if I can get a group rate (and block off a few rooms for the event) if you can't wait (I know I'm already excited) then here is their web site.....

Jul 8, 2004
S2 9.1 chelsea ny
Bad News

I'm sorry but the 2008 rOnDAYvous has been canceled due to unforeseen circumstances.

Jul 8, 2004
S2 9.1 chelsea ny
come on Peter............

you couldn't let it go on a wee bit longer???? ther's NO WAY the rOnDAYvous will be cancelled. Happy April Fool's Day!!!!!

Jun 2, 2004
Oday 35 Staten Island, NY
Point well taken...

I tell you what, Mike -- we'll cancel next year's instead. Pete s/v EmmieLou (O-322) Little Silver, NJ

Jul 8, 2004
S2 9.1 chelsea ny
bump

just keeping it fresh in our minds...........I have a line on a good caterer. I'll be talking to him next week to see what he can do for us and at what price.......

RobG

Jun 2, 2004
Ericson 28 Noank, Ct
Hey Mike

I sent you an e-mail using the address in you profile here. Did you get it? Is that address current?

Jul 8, 2004
S2 9.1 chelsea ny
hotel info

Pete sent out hotel info yesterday, for those of you who are coming to the 2008 rOnDAYvous by car/plane. I'll post it again here : reminder reserve your rooms as soon as possible. Quality Inn & Suites 849 Rt. 52 Fishkill, NY 12524 845-897-9300 standard King standard w/ 2 queens $119.99 or with AAA $107.99 King Suite with AAA is $116.99 all includes continental breakfast. this hotel is about 4 miles from the yacht club just off of exit 12 on Rt. 84

RAD

Jun 3, 2004
Catalina 30 Bay Shore, N.Y.
Chelsea info needed

Will we be on a mooring or at a dock? do you have fuel,water,electric? details details details :)

Jul 8, 2004
S2 9.1 chelsea ny
some info

Well, I am going to get as many boats as I can fit on moorings as I can. Bigger boats and those I can not find moorings for will need to set their hooks in 10 ft. of mud just off of our mooring field.(This is a practice that many times we have guests at our club do as we only have 3 guest moorings) We have launch service to and from all boats . No fuel (but if you need diesel, I can get it for you either by jerry can or going up 2 miles north to a Marina that does have fuel.) Our deep water dock has electricity if you need to charge your batteries. Remember, I have a car and can get things for anyone who needs them..... CYC has mens/womens bathrooms and showers, a full kitchen that can be used to cook just about anything. Gas grills to bar-bee-que and a blender for............

RAD

Jun 3, 2004
Sounds like were gonna have

One huge raft up! I'll bring a long exstention cord :)

Jun 2, 2004
New newsletter

The April edition of "The rOnDAYvous Report" e-newsletter has been sent out. Lots and lots of interesting info for prospective rOnDAYvous attendees. If you're not already on the e-mail list for this hard-to-get periodical, let me know and I'll be happy to add you. Pete s/v EmmieLou (O-322) Little Silver, NJ

RAD

Jun 3, 2004
Great job on the The rOnDAYvous Report

In case any one from the south shore is interested here are tentative cruising plans to the 2008 rOnDAYvous Wed.July 9th 0600 leave Fire Island inlet and head to Newport Marina (should take 8-9 hrs)it'll be a long day Thurs. July 10th am sometime leave Newport and head up Hudson to Tarrytown,Ossining or keep going untill Elizabeth says are we there yet? and anchor,stop at a marina? for the night. Fri. July 11th am keep going untill we find Chelsea (Mike will leave us a clue) Thats all I have for now, any one want to chime in I'm thinkimg a rOnDAYvous at Newport on Thursday and flotilla up the Hudson. BTW this is the second time I wrote this cause I got kicked off while loading it (now I'm going to copy it B4 hitting enter)

Jun 2, 2004
I'm with you

Bob, It looks good for traveling together upriver. I was planning to leave Newport with the appropriate tide (thanks, Mike!) on Thursday, the 10th, and head for somewhere in the vicinity of Tarrytown. (Maybe even a bit further, but it'll depend on a number of factors.) Then, on Friday the 11th, on to Chelsea. I'm guessing that a flotilla forming at or near the Newport Marina on the 10th is a very real possibility. Pete E (O-27 "Fan go foill") out of Rockaway has already indicated he's up for it, and I'm sure there will be others as well. When I finally get my boat in the water and up to Newport, I'll let management know there may be several transients coming in on the 10th. Thanks for the kudos on the newsletter -- and thanks for supplying the killer photo. Pete s/v EmmieLou (O-322) Little Silver, NJ

Jul 8, 2004
S2 9.1 chelsea ny
send me or Pete an email

drop either one of us a line. asax123@yahoo.com or pooby_99@yahoo.com

Jun 2, 2004
T-minus 2 months and counting

Let's do more than keep the 2008 rOnDAYvous fresh in our minds -- it's time to commit! To help the planners/organizers (mainly Mike C and myself) do their jobs, please let us know ASAP that you're planning to attend. We have preliminary commitments from some rOnDAYvous veterans, but the number is nowhere near the 50-plus names on the rOnDAYvous e-mail list (not to mention the dozens of others who are in the tristate area but haven't asked to be put on the list). This year's event promises to be the biggest and best ever, and you'll kick yourself afterward if you miss out. So please, PLEASE let us know if you're planning to be on hand. (If you can't sail up to Chelsea, but still want to attend, we'll be posting driving and lodging information very soon.) See you there. Pete s/v EmmieLou (O-322) Little Silver, NJ P.S.: Launch date is next Wednesday, the 14th. YIPPEE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.