• Mobile App For Android Now Online!

    Download it here. The app is searchable in the Google Play Store under Sailboat Owners.

    Sorry iPhone/iPad users, we are still waiting on Apple. :(

    Click the X in the upper right corner to make this go away

Ranger 12'

Waco

.
Feb 8, 2020
16
Ranger 12 Portland
I finally went! The first trip went much like yours. The forward thwart split at the joint. The tiller, which had been previously repaired, left out in the elements, and then re-repaired by me broke when my buddy leaned on it. The wind was light and shifty and we were surrounded by wakeboarders. Nevertheless we lashed the tiller back together, had a few good reaches and only quit after a wakeboarder wake took out what was left of the tiller. While on the water I created a list of things to fix and we will be out again this weekend or early next week. Hopefully it will go smooth enough so photos can be taken. BTW if you have a chance to measure, what is the distance from the top or your oars to the oar lock stops?
 
Dec 12, 2019
27
Ranger 12 The Puget Sound - North
I finally went! The first trip went much like yours. The forward thwart split at the joint. ... BTW if you have a chance to measure, what is the distance from the top or your oars to the oar lock stops?
Hey Waco! That's surprising to hear about the thwart and a bummer! Did the mast step come loose? Mine is really solid now... 2 layers of Okume 1/4" lathered in Tight Bond III. It's in this thread.

Yeah, definitely post some photos when you get a chance. The oars stops are 21.5" from the handle ends on 8' oars. They work out fine for me. You can also sit in the boat and use masking tape on the oars to make sure that's the right length for you.

Keep me posted!
 
Dec 12, 2019
27
Ranger 12 The Puget Sound - North
Umka has been out of the water for a month getting repaired. There was an existing crack on the starboard aft corner where the side bench meets the deck.

D984E23D-54CC-48AC-BBB1-97B573F6FAF9.jpeg


The crack went through the hull and gel coat.



It had to be ground out from underneath and fiberglass the top and bottom to reinforce the corner of the bench. Painted the fiberglass patch in the cockpit and there’s new gel coat on the patched hull.


Afterwards, I got motivated to do the bright work on the boat. What a difference that made! The teak has two coats of sealer to start.

7FE18818-AFBC-4805-B71A-B23577305ED9.jpeg



So long to the aged grey wood. Hopefully she’ll be back in the water this weekend for a sail.
 

Attachments

Last edited: