• Mobile App For Android Now Online!

Download it here. The app is searchable in the Google Play Store under Sailboat Owners.

Sorry iPhone/iPad users, we are still waiting on Apple. :(

Click the X in the upper right corner to make this go away

Rabbit hole

Jan 17, 2013
Catalina 310 St. Simons Island, GA
Good Luck @Cat 310 #1 in GA are you on your original fuel tank and Hot Water Tank? I assumed that is what HWH is. My tank seems fine, checked it last Friday, but did notice some rust on the bottom of my hot water tank edge and the drain was leaking a few drops, so I tighten the handle up and it seemed to help.
Yes this is the original HMH and fuel tank. Epoxy repair seems to be holding but it is taking a long time to get all the diesel out of the bilge. Still showing up 2 days after the repair. Keep checking the tank and it looks like there is no more leakage.

BillyK

Jan 24, 2010
Catalina 310 Ocean City, NJ
Yes this is the original HMH and fuel tank. Epoxy repair seems to be holding but it is taking a long time to get all the diesel out of the bilge. Still showing up 2 days after the repair. Keep checking the tank and it looks like there is no more leakage.
i noticed that the diesel found its way inside of some of the fiberglass places that overlap. its so thin it wicks its way into the fiber.. and it takes time for it to work its way through the fiber and out the other end of the fiberglass tabbing. toss in the dirt that builds up in the area under the engine that cannot be reached. it's a sponge for the fuel.

BillyK

Jan 24, 2010
Catalina 310 Ocean City, NJ
Amazing to see that area without the fuel tank. Mine isn't anywhere near that clean. Is your HW tank in the 2nd picture? If so, what size and make?
The hot water tank is in the dumpster. Yeah.. i spent around 4-5 hours cleaning this area out since this is a one time deal with full access like this. at some point in the future i'll replace the HW tank.. at this point i have too much left to do before its time to get in the water.