Peak Sails "Generator" Kite for 23.5

Aug 1, 2011
Catalina 270 255 Wabamun. Welcome to the marina
Meriachee-
I have read and re-read your post and I still do not understand what what your point is.
You consider that maybe too much time is spent by some when considering a sail purchase. It’s not about owning an AC boat, or in fact any boat when a higher end sail is being evaluated, it’s about making sure you, and the sail maker clearly understand the expectations of the final product. Particularly when you’re spending thousands.
Sorry if the intent wasn’t clear.

Sep 30, 2016
Island Packet IP 44 Ventura, CA
I am a new poster to this forum but have been a reader for many years.

My brother in law and I both own Catalina 22's. We have been "match racing" our boats weekly for about five years now.

He usually wins most of the races but they are close at times. He has a nice set of tri-radial sails which I believe gives him an advantage as mine are older cross-cuts.

I stumbled on Peak Sails website this spring and read about their Generator sail. I am 62 and frequently sail solo or short handed. The Generator seemed like a great choice for me as a Code 0 normally requires the use of a furling system plus the cost of the sail alone was well out of my budget.

After a few calls to Peak, I decided to order one. I chose my colors and about three weeks later the sail arrived. I also purchased a spinnaker sock so I could deploy and douse it in a hurry.

I didn't tell my brother in law about the purchase as I wanted to surprise him on our first race of the season. I won the first six races by a wide margin and he was not a happy camper. I finally told him where I got the sail and he had his a month later. Racing is a lot of fun now as this sail provides all the power I need and the races are usually decided by ability.

I think many on the posts here are over analyzing this sail. Will you see it on Grand Prix and America's Cup boats? No. But for most guys who just want to get out and have some fun and add a little excitement to their day, you really can't beat it.

They gave me a 7% discount which made the decision that much easier.
I’m glad you like the sail. I’d really like one for my boat and almost ordered one last year. Since then I have been scared off by several posts on multiple forums of long delays and no communication from the company. PeakSails is pretty much spamming my email with winter sale info.

Sep 28, 2019
Catalina 22 Outer Banks
You consider that maybe too much time is spent by some when considering a sail purchase. It’s not about owning an AC boat, or in fact any boat when a higher end sail is being evaluated, it’s about making sure you, and the sail maker clearly understand the expectations of the final product. Particularly when you’re spending thousands.
Sorry if the intent wasn’t clear.
Thanks. I knew that I needed a light-weight headsail. Already have a 155% and a cruising spinnaker. The 155 is on a furler and I do not use the cruising spinnaker unless I have someone else on board that can help handle it if needed.

The Generator was perfect for me and it cost about $420.00 included free Fedex shipping. I just use my cruising spinnaker hardware/set-up for it.

Sep 28, 2019
Catalina 22 Outer Banks
I’m glad you like the sail. I’d really like one for my boat and almost ordered one last year. Since then I have been scared off by several posts on multiple forums of long delays and no communication from the company. PeakSails is pretty much spamming my email with winter sale info.
To be honest, I do not give a lot of credence to what I see online. If I did, I wouldn't have a doctor or shop at Walmart. Additionally, if any mail order deal went sideways, I could have just called my credit card and reversed the charge.

I haven't been spammed by them either. About a month after the sail arrived, I received a package from the with a free baseball hat and letter of thanks. The only email was received about a month ago announcing their new site and offering a discount.

I would order from them again.