New Forums: Questions, Suggestions, Comments

Feb 17, 2006
Lancer 27PS MCB Camp Pendleton KF6BL
Just discovered your site. Please let me know if I have if this is the appropriate point of entry for my questions and comments. Still learning how to navigate your site.
Since you are an Oday owner, you might be interested in the Oday specific forums. Oday Owner Forums
If you have a general question that might get more responses from the group at large, try Ask All Sailors. Ask All Sailors
And if you have stories of exploits on the high seas, or just funny stuff, you can add it here. Sails Call Lounge

Welcome aboard. Please familiaize yourself with the rules of posting before you post.

Phil Herring

Alien
Mar 25, 1997
- - Bainbridge Island
Hi @John Nantz! I understand. It takes a little time. But the good news is, the only change is the forums. Classifieds and such are all just as they were before.

Phil Herring

Alien
Mar 25, 1997
- - Bainbridge Island
Just discovered your site. Please let me know if I have if this is the appropriate point of entry for my questions and comments. Still learning how to navigate your site.
Welcome! The best point of entry is here: Sailboat Owners Forums . Scroll down and choose the best forum for your post. Click that, then click the New Topic button in the upper right. You can post general sailing or ownership questions in Ask All Sailors or something specific to your boat in a forum for your boat model.

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Welcome @Chaplain Not sure we have had an official chaplain here on the forum before. Perhaps we sailors will need to "keep our language" in check...

Yes you are at the correct forum to "comment about the way the forum works" . What you see is the "New" and I think improved... I may be a sailor of one in my dinghy.. The format has changed but not the fun or the resilience of the crew here.

If you want to address just the folks who have ODay boats and ask their guidance, there is a forum for that. Upper left corner of your window is a 3 line icon. Click that and a list will appear giving you a way to sort though the various forums and find a specific group to chat with.

So welcome! Hope you explore and enjoy.

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
I like the "Post your reply here" message and the admonition not to post items for sale, that appears in the message post area. Cool new feature.

Phil Herring

Alien
Mar 25, 1997
- - Bainbridge Island
Yes, a suggestion by Brian D!

We also now have navigation at the bottom of the page -- I think that supports a suggestion by @Tally Ho

Aug 18, 2019
Oday Day Sailer II (17') Choctaw Beach Freeport FL
Welcome @Chaplain Not sure we have had an official chaplain here on the forum before. Perhaps we sailors will need to "keep our language" in check...

Yes you are at the correct forum to "comment about the way the forum works" . What you see is the "New" and I think improved... I may be a sailor of one in my dinghy.. The format has changed but not the fun or the resilience of the crew here.

If you want to address just the folks who have ODay boats and ask their guidance, there is a forum for that. Upper left corner of your window is a 3 line icon. Click that and a list will appear giving you a way to sort though the various forums and find a specific group to chat with.

So welcome! Hope you explore and enjoy.
Thanks for the welcome.

Aug 18, 2019
Oday Day Sailer II (17') Choctaw Beach Freeport FL
Since you are an Oday owner, you might be interested in the Oday specific forums. Oday Owner Forums
If you have a general question that might get more responses from the group at large, try Ask All Sailors. Ask All Sailors
And if you have stories of exploits on the high seas, or just funny stuff, you can add it here. Sails Call Lounge

Welcome aboard. Please familiaize yourself with the rules of posting before you post.
Thanks Brian D, that was helpful.

SFS

Aug 18, 2015
Currently Boatless Okinawa
Thanks for the page number navigation (within the thread) appearing at both the top and the bottom of the page.

Aug 1, 2011
Catalina 270 255 Wabamun. Welcome to the marina
There's sticky post about DSC from about 10 years ago that shows up in the new posts list. Not only does it not have relevant information, it's about 10 years out of date. Further investigation shows that there are a number of posts that could probably use a wipe down, if not a full on Vileda moment.

Feb 17, 2006
Lancer 27PS MCB Camp Pendleton KF6BL
I have only seen a few stickies by Phil. Where are these old stickies. I'll look but if you have links let me know.

Aug 1, 2011
Catalina 270 255 Wabamun. Welcome to the marina
In the "sticky Post archive"
Heck, some of them are even by Brian. :)

Dec 29, 2008
Treworgy 65' LOA Custom Steel Pilothouse Staysail Ketch St. Croix, Virgin Islands
Can’t find a way to edit a post to fix typos

(Edited version - yup, hidden in the “...” menu...)

Last edited:

Phil Herring

Alien
Mar 25, 1997
- - Bainbridge Island
Can’t find a way to edit a post to fix typos
You should have an edit link below your post, as shown. Let me know if it's not there! If you're on a phone or tablet, the edit link is under the 3 dots next to Report.

Screen Shot 2019-08-19 at 3.38.54 PM.png

Dec 29, 2008
Treworgy 65' LOA Custom Steel Pilothouse Staysail Ketch St. Croix, Virgin Islands
Wholly crap. It was getting lonely in here. The app shows this, but the web version does not! There’s some goofy interactions going on.
By “app” I assume you mean Safari on the iPhone? I don’t think there is an actual “app” for sailboatowners.com, right?