New Forums: Questions, Suggestions, Comments

Jul 16, 2019
Hunter H 260 Apollo beach, fl.
why is it so hard to get into the website to adjust my ad edit my ad I don't get it

Phil Herring

Alien
Mar 25, 1997
- - Bainbridge Island
According to Xenforo, when you post a reply the screen should reload and take you to your post, at the end of the thread. So I guess it's a feature.

That is cool on single page threads, a little confusing when replying to a post in the middle of a multi-page thread.

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Phil... I thought you were taking family time.... I know this is your baby.. But you can put us down for a little while.. Sure we will whine and cry but we will be here after the family time.

Apr 27, 2010
Hunter 23 Lake Wallenpaupack
Interesting: my Chrome browser on Windows 10 does show the "mark as read" control next to each unread thread title when looking at a forum view. Chrome on Android does not, whether in portrait or landscape orientation. Seems to be an odd style sheet difference based on client platform.

Jul 1, 1998
Hunter Legend 35 Poulsbo/Semiahmoo WA
Phil ... seems like every time the web site goes though a change I wind up liking the old one better. Of course, I said that when Word 2.0 changed.
Somewhere I've got a few printouts from the old days where they looked like text messages. I'm just slow to change.
The pictures section in Media is a nice change. Haven't looked there that much yet but it would be helpful to separate or identify video from just plain pictures.
Elsewere, in Classifieds, it would be nice to be able to go from picture to picture without having to close one then click on another to open, or to at least have that option. Need to play around in that area more to find out how it works.

May 17, 2004
Beneteau Oceanis 37 Havre de Grace
Also, if you click on the filter dropdown on the media page you can narrow it down to just videos, images, etc.

Although Phil might want to check the thumbnail size for videos - it looks like they get strangely narrow when I filter to just videos. When I have no filters, or if I filter by images it's fine. Filtering by videos looks like this, at least on Android -
Screenshot_20190817-143331.png

Jan 7, 2011
Oday 322 East Chicago, IN
Where do you want to go?
Beats me !

I am getting used to the navigation and all is well. I like it. :)

The only thing I had before is the thread “path” at the bottom of a thread. I could quickly go back to the forum list (list of threads in a topic- for example...Oday/ bigger bats). Or I could go right to O’Day threads to jump to “ask an O’Day owner” . That functionality is at the top of the screen. And the Up arrow gets me there in 1 click...so same functionality.

I appreciate all of the work you put into the forum Phil, it is an invaluable resource, keeps me from going crazy during the long Chicago winter layup and it is fun to try and help others.

Again, I am sure I speak for many (if not all) users of the site when I say “Thanks”.

Greg

Jan 7, 2011
Oday 322 East Chicago, IN
Phil, How about an “Ignore thread” button next to the “Mark as Read” button. I think we have to open the thread now to “ignore”.

And it looks like I don’t have to “confirm” my request to ignore...I like that better.

I assume i can “un-ignore” a thread if I wanted to. I got an “oops...” message when I tried it, but it looks like it is no longer ignored.

Feb 17, 2006
Lancer 27PS MCB Camp Pendleton KF6BL
Desktop, upper right, next to your name. Cain't missit!

You can also put your cursor over the name (don't click) of the person you want to send a PM to. A window will open and at the bottom of the window you will see the link to send a PM. Again, cain't missit!

Aug 18, 2019
Oday Day Sailer II (17') Choctaw Beach Freeport FL
Just discovered your site. Please let me know if I have if this is the appropriate point of entry for my questions and comments. Still learning how to navigate your site.