New Forums: Questions, Suggestions, Comments

Aug 1, 2011
Catalina 270 255 Wabamun. Welcome to the marina
Just found a nice new feature.
In the old forum you had to add each photo one at a time.
I was just able to add four photos by selecting all four at once and adding them as a group. Nice!
Next thing some sunshine depraved lunatic will be looking to stream 4K uploads. :)

Aug 1, 2011
Huh. Tonight the iPad logged in here by itself, two spaces no longer adds a period, and my iPhone refuses to connect to the wifi on the WeeBill Lab gimbal.
It's looking like a technological conspiracy.

Aug 1, 2011
Everything is a technology conspiracy, and you know it.
You are sir, as usual, accurate, articulate, and have good grammar. I would one day like to see if this iPad floats. I suspect not. It's maybe not a bad thing.

SFS

Aug 18, 2015
Currently Boatless Okinawa
This may not matter, with the app coming, but when I use my Android phone to check new posts, the list of new posts comes up, but none of those thread titles have the "mark as read" button. This is on a Motorola G4 phone running Android 7.0

Last edited:

Phil Herring

Alien
Mar 25, 1997
- - Bainbridge Island
@SFS , I don't have easy access to an Android. If could make a screen capture and post or PM it to me I would appreciate it.

May 17, 2004
Beneteau Oceanis 37 Havre de Grace
Phil,

Here is a screenshot of the thread list on Android that SFS is proba ly talking about. On the desktop there is a "mark as read" link for each thread, but it doesn't show on the smaller phone screen. I don't know if there's room to make it fit, but I do miss it a little.
Screenshot_20190820-123914.png

Feb 17, 2006
Lancer 27PS MCB Camp Pendleton KF6BL
I checked on my Android with Firefox as the browser. There is no "mark as read" in the What's New. In the Recent Activities there is no "mark as read" after each post, but there is a "mark as read" just above the
first visible posting.

Screenshot_20190820-115403[1].png

Screenshot_20190820-115347[1].png

Last edited:

Ward H

Nov 7, 2011
Catalina 30 Mk II Barnegat, NJ
Phil,
On my iPad that button only shows when I turn it to landscape mode. Doesn't show up in any position on my iPhone.
Interesting that in Recent Activity on my iPhone the Mark Forums Read button shows up when in portrait mode but not landscape mode.
I'm happy waiting for the app.

JRacer

Aug 9, 2011
Beneteau 310 Cheney KS (Wichita)
How come it keeps asking me if I want to authorize push notifications. I've had that come up several times and each time I approve it. Seems like once ought to be enough. Is that a Windows issue or an SBO site issue?

Feb 17, 2006
Lancer 27PS MCB Camp Pendleton KF6BL
@JRacer I have also seen that but only on my phone using Firefox browser. I have never seen it on Firefox desktop Win8.1. It could be the phone is not storing the proper cookie. You might want to clear you phone's browser cookies.