John & Les’s Epic Adventure

jssailem

SBO Weather and Forecasting Forum Jim & John
Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Looking forward to the arrival of SBO members coming in on Friday,@Ward H, @lehighsail and maybe @Scott T-Bird.
We got through teh gate near the head of the line, when the show opened. There seemed to be a fair number of folk, but many appeared to be vendors wandering among the various booths. There are some large (57 footer) Cats that are being used to offer cruises. They are are really decked out. Roomy cabins, double beds for 6ft plus guests. And private head with separate showers. Lots of light wood, ports and cushioned seating. Electronics that would be the cost of some 22-25 ft boats.The 57 had 2 outdoor living rooms in addition to the salon. It would be easy to be comfortable.

Visited the new Catalinas. The 355 changed the location of the head moving the kitchen forward, opening up the salon and a bulkhead that opens to the V berth. The berth is a little over 6 feet, with a wider V in the bow. The head was to the right as you faced the companion way much like the 34 Catalina. There was a full shower in the head. What I liked was the way they set up the aft bunk. It places the head to the Starboard side. They eliminated the quarter berth and had a double bunk transverse across the boat. Plenty of room both length and head room for the aft bunk.

There was a Morris 30. Dark blue hull. Wide teak decks. Very pretty. Lots of very fine varnished woodwork. Small interior. Large cockpit, Access to the V-berth is through opening over a bench seat that makes up the sides and bow end of the salon.

Lots of opportunities to charter a boat. And many beautiful boats to consider a vacation experience.

May 20, 2016
Catalina 36 MK1 94 Everett, WA
I found you the perfect 38 foot yacht you can actually fit in your carry-on. It's a little old, but maybe the boat show has a newer model.

-Will (Dragonfly)
Is that like one of the flattened sponges that expand to something exciting when immersed in water??

jssailem

Oct 22, 2014
I mentioned the Morris yesterday. Here are some shots I took of her. Found out she is 42 feet. The owners said she was fashioned as a daysailor. She sure is pretty. Yes that is varnished bright work. It is incredible and a deep shine.
70A56352-035E-43AB-85D2-04D0A1D20FBB.jpeg
E6C65CE9-565B-4359-BF6B-D1F699EF033F.jpeg

jssailem

Oct 22, 2014
Ron we will need to do better on our timing. Next time will prioritize on the weather. :biggrin:

Ward H

Nov 7, 2011
Catalina 30 Mk II Barnegat, NJ
I had a great time on Friday going to the show. Met @lehighsail Stu in NJ and we drove down together. Got great parking and at the entrance met up with @jssailem John and @LeslieTroyer Les. We all walked the show together and had lunch at The Boatyard where we met up with @Ron20324 Ron.
It was great to meet Stu, John, Les and Ron in person.