John & Les’s Epic Adventure

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
@Jumpstart that would be a hoot. Do they still have 1974 Dodge Monaco’s in Maryland? I would think by now they would all be rusted out, what with the winter slush and salt on the roads.

May 20, 2016
Catalina 36 MK1 94 Everett, WA
Sounds like a mission from God. Can you rent a 1974 Dodge Monaco? Great for scaring all those Prius driving weenies on Rte 50.
Unfortunately an intermediate SUV was the cheap weekly rental. I’m more partial to the Dodge Dart.

Les

dLj

Mar 23, 2017
Belliure 41 Sailing back to the Chesapeake
I'll likely be there Saturday, the 6th.

How about we meet at Iron Rooster? Want to meet for lunch or dinner? How many of us are there at this point?

dj

Oct 22, 2014
Iron Rooster
Sounds like a good place to meet. Website food pictures sure looks good. The Google street view has Midshipmen everywhere so it has to be better then their dining hall. We will have to get a number as everyone checks in.
I figure we are in your neck of the woods so we should eat like the locals. At least one meal at Mike's Crab House for old times sake.

Jul 13, 2010
Precision 23 Perry Hall,Baltimore County
Agree with Iron Rooster.Although I love Chic and Ruth's deli, it will be jammed up and large tables don't exist.

dLj

Mar 23, 2017
I'm open to where ever everyone wants. I almost always do one meal at the Iron Rooster, but I'm open to any other suggestions. I'm only ever in Annapolis for the boat show so don't consider me any kind of expert....

dj

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
I have half talked the Linda into driving down. She says, "I'll tell you what. You choose, go somewhere for a long weekend with our kids or I'll go without you and you can go to the boatshow."
-
"Well?"
"I'm thinking, I'm thinking!":rolleyes:

-Will (Dragonfly)

Oct 22, 2014
Bring some of that fancy wood artsy sailboat stuff. Call it a business trip. Write the whole thing off in April. Maybe sell something?

Feb 3, 2015
Marlow Hunter 37 Reefpoint Marina Racine, WI
I have half talked the Linda into driving down. She says, "I'll tell you what. You choose, go somewhere for a long weekend with our kids or I'll go without you and you can go to the boatshow."
-
"Well?"

-Will (Dragonfly)
Oh oh. That is a trick question, be very careful!

dLj

Mar 23, 2017
-
"Well?"

-Will (Dragonfly)
If this were my wife saying that, it would be a totally clear answer from my side - Where would you like to go dear?

Any even mention of a desire to go to the boat show after that would bring down the wrath of the spurned woman... ymmv

dj

Dec 2, 1997
- - LIttle Rock
If y'all haven't already booked hotel rooms, you'd better do it NOW--and be prepared for "sticker shock" anywhere within 20 miles of Annapolis 'cuz they really jack up the rates during the boat shows and some places even require a minimum 2 night or longer stay.
--Peggie

Dec 25, 2000
Hunter Passage 42 Shelter Bay, WA
"sticker shock"
Oh Peggie, no need to throw cold water on those who have such deeeeeep pockets as John and Les. :laugh:

John and Les, be sure to each have at least one whole three pound steamed Lobster while you're there. Those will put our Dungeness crab to shame; spoken from experience. Just say'n.

Hope you have a great trip.