John & Les’s Epic Adventure

jssailem

SBO Weather and Forecasting Forum Jim & John
Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
We are in Annapolis starting Thursday. And leave Tuesday. We are meeting folks on Friday and Saturday right now. One of the days we’re talking about Sailing, and either Sunday or Monday look to be a possible sailing experience day.

Jan 22, 2008
Beneteau 323 Annapolis MD
We are in Annapolis starting Thursday. And leave Tuesday. We are meeting folks on Friday and Saturday right now. One of the days we’re talking about Sailing, and either Sunday or Monday look to be a possible sailing experience day.
Sunday and Monday are to be 80 and sunny. The wind will be the concern.I'll P.M. you. They cut the grass at the grade school, but no price posted yet.

jssailem

Oct 22, 2014
Is the Grade School the parking area?

jssailem

Oct 22, 2014
Plane leaves in 10 plus hours. roughly a 5 hour flight to the East Coast.

Jan 22, 2008
Is the Grade School the parking area?
Parking is where you can find it, but the school on 6th Street is the closest and the biggest. Money goes to the PTA.
This is NWS, Not NOAA as previously said.
FRI NE winds 5 to 10 kt. Waves 1 ft. FRI NIGHT E winds 5 to 10 kt. Waves 1 ft. SAT SE winds 5 to 10 kt. Waves 1 ft.
SUN S winds 5 kt..Windfinder for MOnday is 1 to 2 knots.

I think sailing will not happen, but watching it.

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
I plan to come Saturday. I will be driving in early and leaving Saturday night to go home. Who is coordinating. I already have a dealer pass @jssailem send me a private message
Is Navy playing at home Saturday

jssailem

Oct 22, 2014
We will try to wander down close tot he boat in the daylight and see if we can figure it out.
Boy the prep work is happening,,,,,, downtown Annapolis. Lots of folks wandering about the city. Everything is Annapolis Boat show this and that. It got to bit humid for us west coast boys. It was 45 this AM and i wore a fleece. Getting off the plane I was shedding the fleece. It was 80 and is still nice out. Except for the skeeters that are buzzing about.
Breakfast at the Iron Rooster tomorrow then the boat show... Leaving the checkbook at home.

Jan 22, 2008
Ron, what's the name of the school?
Eastport Elementary, 6th at Severn Aves, just over the Spa Creek Bridge from downtown Annapolis. A block from The Boatyard Bar and Grill, at 4th and Severn.

jssailem

Oct 22, 2014
Ron. I went online and the website said Navy plays Temple at Navy. Is that the 2018 schedule?

My bad. Navy plays Air Force on the 6th at Air Force. The Temple game is on the 13Th.

jssailem

Oct 22, 2014
Ron. I went online and the website said Navy plays Temple at Navy. Is that the 2018 schedule?

My bad. Navy plays Air Force on the 6th at Air Force. The Temple game is on the 13th.

Jan 22, 2008
My bad. Navy plays Air Force on the 6th at Air Force. The Temple game is on the 13Th.[/QUOTE]

a-YUP. WE HAVE A NUMBER OF GOOD OPTICIANS IF YOU WANT TO SEE ONE WHILE YOU'RE IN TOWN.

Jan 22, 2008
JOHN, AT 7:20 p.m. i SEE A CELL OF HEAVY RAIN ABOUT TO HIT US. THEN IN ABOUT AN HOUR A LINE OF STORMS FROM ny TO wv WILL BLOW THROUGH, IF QUICKLY.

jssailem

Oct 22, 2014
Yes. Seeing the same thing. Heard that the squall could produce lightening giving us a Maryland light show. It sure feels humid enough for a storm to blow in.