Complete Refurb - 78 C&C Mega 30'

Feb 11, 2012
C&C Mega 30 Long Point, Lake Erie
Black applied before new windows installed. Went for a new modern look, to "disguise" the undesired factory window design.

image-3135949234.jpg

pateco

Aug 12, 2014
Hunter 31 (1983) Pompano Beach FL
Looking good, Keep posting your restoration pictures.

Feb 11, 2012
Thanks for the praise!

Just prepped the inside factory fibreglass liners for paint. Two aft cabin wall inserts, two cabin window liners & two keel trunk panels.

image-16686920.jpg

Feb 11, 2012
All new 4" Curon 45 firm cushions cut, ready for the Naugi-soft creme "supple leather like" vinyl covers.

Includes v-berth, cabin settees & back rests, cockpit settees & back rests, and cockpit cabin wall back rests.

The back rests for the cockpit settees will serve as flip up gunwale cushions to sit on - windward.

image-3016870450.jpg
image-1680786074.jpg

Last edited:
Feb 11, 2012
Made aluminum trays...light but strong.

The larger will house the two 20 gal. holding tanks (waste & fresh water)

The smaller of the two trays will house three batteries (2house 27N's & 1 starting/ house 27N)

These will be mounted behind the companionway ladder beneath the cockpit.

The tanks and batteries will be fastened inside the trays with straps.

image-1918829344.jpg

Feb 11, 2012
image.jpg
image.jpg
Mast raising system designed and built now.
Made of aluminum.
Base of centre section attaches to mast tabernacle. A-frame leg supports to gunwale plates made out of HDPE. The leg supports will have zero downward force during the stepping process. All weight of the mast and rigging is transferred to the tabernacle compression post & keel which is supported by the trailer bunks and keel pad. Mast stepping is always done on the trailer.
System will be bolted and locked to trailer once mast is stepped.

Feb 11, 2012
New mast crutches designed. One for the tabernacle which be adjustable, the larger for the aft attaches to the rudder housing.
Have to drill and install the rollers still.
Again, built with aluminum.
Will be bolted & locked to the trailer frame when boat is launched.
image.jpg

Oct 10, 2015
c & c mega 30 portstanley
just took possession of a 1980 mega 30--looking for ideas and pics of area of boat where motor goes thru hull.

Feb 11, 2012
Topside painted with two part polyurethane. Interlux Arctic White.
Beige non-slip Interlux Interdeck.
image.jpg

image.jpg
image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2015
impressive--just bought a mega 30--it needs alot of work--have it parked in london, ontaro. I've been looking at your pics--Did you put head on starboard side, by entrance into cabin? Also, mine has outboard thru the hull-i'm thinking that i might use a retractable motor mount and seal the hull_what have you done ?

Feb 11, 2012
impressive--just bought a mega 30--it needs alot of work--have it parked in london, ontaro. I've been looking at your pics--Did you put head on starboard side, by entrance into cabin? Also, mine has outboard thru the hull-i'm thinking that i might use a retractable motor mount and seal the hull_what have you done ?
Hi Alex, congrats on your purchase.
I have designed an enclosed head to starboard of the companionway, yet to be installed.
You mentioned an outboard thru your hull...assuming you mean it has an inboard with prop shaft and strut through the hull?
Also assume that yours is a fixed keel?
My Mega is a retractable keel & outboard powered from the factory.

Paul

Feb 11, 2012
image.jpg
Just finished the trailer bunks, and keel pad.
Had to add another drop down cross member for the forward bunks.
Also wanted to move the boat back 24" from my original design to better balance the weight on the three axles. After doing so, I moved the tower back 24" as well.
By doing this I was then able to have the keel sit perfectly on the keel pad which I welded to my centre crossover.
image.jpg

image.jpg
image.jpg

Oct 10, 2015
Paul no its a retractable keel--it has a 15 hp outboard-- in the rear of the cockpit (there are 2 compartments) on the portside-there was an original walk thru-previous owner filled in the walk thru, the compartment on starboard has the motor installed with a cut out thru the hull-(apparently it came like that) Previous owner said that it was supposedly set up to raise or lower motor and some kind of plate sealed the hole when engine was raised.-he didn't have the plate. I'm pretty sure i will be moving the motor to a lift bracket to stern and filling over the thru hull hole. Your post's have been very helpfull-letting you know that i will be 'borrowing' lots of your ideas, so please keep posting pics