Assortment of cheap fixes on Cat 22

Sep 14, 2014
Catalina 22 Pensacola, Florida
Pump is one on the boat when I got it, but spout was missing. So I fabricated one out of copper tubing. All the others I have seen had spouts or handles or both too high to allow you to slide the galley back under the stbd seat like it is supposed to. Pix of fabricated spout.
dinette sink and ice box cover  (3).JPG

Sep 14, 2014
Well I hope I do not have to get the boat ready for Dorian over here in Pensacola, course if it gets into the gulf we all suffer along the coast to Mexico.

Sep 14, 2014
Here is a really simple solution to stuff sliding off the table in the cabin underway. Put a piece of cheap rubber shelf liner on the table, it stays on very nicely and keeps stuff on top of it from sliding (except in extreme conditions , which or course you should have secured stuff for anyway.) Comes in nice colors too!
shelf liner non skid.jpg

Sep 14, 2014
Just a suggestion, I put my extra fire extingusher in a mount on edge of portside aft dinette seat so it is to hand when I use the bistro stove in my pullout galley on the starboard side. Just in case of course! And el cheapo led flashlight on hook next to it for those deeply cooking pots of unkown.
Extinguisher and redy led lite.JPG

Sep 14, 2014
Cooking with the original mood lighting of catalina 22, light under window away from stove area, a flashlight is handy to check cooking status in deep pots in dark!

Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
Cooking with the original mood lighting of catalina 22, light under window away from stove area, a flashlight is handy to check cooking status in deep pots in dark!
Ah! Understood.:biggrin:

Lazy1

Aug 23, 2019
Catalina 22 13425 A driveway in Pittsburgh
Just a suggestion, I put my extra fire extingusher in a mount on edge of portside aft dinette seat so it is to hand when I use the bistro stove in my pullout galley on the starboard side. Just in case of course! And el cheapo led flashlight on hook next to it for those deeply cooking pots of unkown.
A suggestion I have heard several times is to put the extinguisher at the exit because you should always get to an exit before starting to fight a fire.

Apr 11, 2017
Catalina C22 Solomon's Island, MD
A suggestion I have heard several times is to put the extinguisher at the exit because you should always get to an exit before starting to fight a fire.
Plus - it's also handy to grab from the cockpit.

May 23, 2016
Catalina 22 #12502 BSC
I keep one there too, and the other in the stbd laz...altho, I wanna get a fire blanket for near the galley...have you ever set one of those extinguishers off? helluva mess to clean up, I'm told...

Sep 14, 2014
Yep what is the old adage, if it aint broke dont fix it? Unless you are an engineer and want to take it apart to see how it works. Did that with an old mechanical alarm clock when I was about 10 years old, put it back together without about 3 parts and it still works today!

Sep 14, 2014
BTW when I redid the cushions in the boat I stuck down some carpet in blue color with double sided tape in cabin sole and step down in to the cabin.
Carpet on cabin sole and step.jpg

Sep 14, 2014
Yep and weather is cool here, meaning in 70s and no snow (yet).

RussC

Sep 11, 2015
Merit 22- Oregon lakes
BTW when I redid the cushions in the boat I stuck down some carpet in blue color with double sided tape in cabin sole and step down in to the cabin.
use adhesive backed velcro stuck to the floor and sew std velcro on the carpet back. only takes a strip across each end. works well and makes it easily removable to shake out the dirt etc. :)

Sep 14, 2014
The carpet tape works fairly well, I can remove and clean but mostly just vacuum it.

Sep 14, 2014
Little update, got cold here, 55 high with light se wind. If wind comes up a bit more may just hoist sail and head out, cool for overnights though., 40s