5000 miles off course

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 2, 2005
Pearson 33-2 & Typhoon 18 Seneca Lake
Perhaps they have created the theme for a new "Reality" show: Necked and Adrift ? Doggy Paddling ? When Will My Ship Come In? Sorta Survivors - South Pacific ? Dogged Determination ?

RussC

Sep 11, 2015
Merit 22- Oregon lakes
Perhaps they have created the theme for a new "Reality" show: Necked and Adrift ? Doggy Paddling ? When Will My Ship Come In? Sorta Survivors - South Pacific ? Dogged Determination ?
More likely much more boring like.... fully clothed and not afraid. I'll wait in the car. ;)

Feb 17, 2006
Lancer 27PS MCB Camp Pendleton KF6BL
Any bets the boat was in deed adrift, but found and the girls were put aboard when there was a chance of being found? Yep, it is all starting to come together. In this day and age it is near impossible to pull off a stunt like this and get away with it.

added - Oh... wait until we find out that they had a camera aboard to record their adventure.

Feb 17, 2006
Lancer 27PS MCB Camp Pendleton KF6BL
One more thing... why didn't the Taiwanese fishing boat rescue them instead of calling for the US Navy? Too many questions with no answers.

Sep 30, 2013
1988 Catalina 22 North Florida
The daddy chick kinda reminds me of "Froya" in the Netflix comedy series "Norsemen". Only less attractive.

Nov 8, 2010
Beneteau First 36.7 & 260 Minneapolis MN & Bayfield WI
Because she’s a butterface. Even Taiwanese fishermen have standards.
I think their story is full of shit, but I'm really opposed to this type of gender shaming.

Do you guys have daughters? Wives or SOs?? If these were guys, would you be commenting on their looks???

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2011
Island Packet 35 Tucson, AZ/San Carlos, MX
While giving "her" her due, I'm still conflicted as to her actual gender.

NYSail

Jan 6, 2006
Beneteau 423 Mt. Sinai, NY
I think their story is full of shit, but I'm really opposed to this type of gender shaming.

Do you guys have daughters? Wives or SOs?? If these were guys, would you be commenting on their looks???
Thanks.... I feel like a dick for not saying that as well. Pretty sure there are more than a few of us that are butt-his-faces as well as overweight slobs.....

JRT

Feb 14, 2017
Catalina 310 211 Lake Guntersville, AL
I found this full video interesting, cross posting from the other thread on this.

Jul 29, 2017
Catalina 380 Los Angeles
There is something fishy about this whole episode but what bothers me are the questions that my non sailing friends are starting to ask me. I have to explain to them that I don't really believe this is any more than a publicity stunt. The general attitude I am getting is that 'sailors' are a bunch of hacks that need no special talents or training to sail offshore. Lets face it, those two individuals look pretty damn good for having gone so long with little food and water and what bothers me most is that the dogs were part of the whole thing. Cooping up two larger dogs on a sailboat like that for 5 months is not right.

Oct 29, 2016
Hunter 41 DS Port Huron
This is only true if you actually believe that they were adrift for (5) months, I have my doubts on the accuracy of their time keeping. As mentioned, they were far too clean, no sun exposure, dogs and them looked no worse for the wear.

Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
They sure didn't look like " if we hadn't been found we would have died in 24 hours". Also they said they would have set off the beacon if they thought they would die in 24 hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.