5000 miles off course

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 29, 2016
Hunter 41 DS Port Huron
Apparently she is an expert in sustainable agriculture looks to me as being firmly planted

Sep 14, 2014
Catalina 22 Pensacola, Florida
Blow up of pix shows nicely furled jib, badly flaked main,. no apparent damage except to brains of crew apparently.

Feb 17, 2006
Lancer 27PS MCB Camp Pendleton KF6BL
By the way, they are ready to do back out and try again. :frown: The Navy has assigned the USS Stingray (SS-161) to follow them. :dancing:

Jul 29, 2017
Catalina 380 Los Angeles
And here I thought the Navy would assign the USS Hammerhead or the USS Petticoat . Sorry that's rude...my bad:solame:

Jun 19, 2004
Island Packet IP 32 99 Forked River, NJ
OK folks...they made the national news on CBS tonight! I agree...looks like the book (and the made for TV movie) will be coming soon:kick:

Feb 3, 2015
Marlow Hunter 37 Reefpoint Marina Racine, WI
What a long strange trip it’s been. AP is now reporting that the USCG is stating they had an emergency beacon which was never activated.

Aug 22, 2017
Hunter 26.5 West Palm Beach
OK, now the story is starting to take shape for me & I feel a little more informed.

An attractive "actress" that nobody ever heard of, who probably needs publicity, was found in perfect health, with a friend & two dogs, who were also in perfect health, in a boat in the ocean, by a Navy ship. Nobody even had sunburn. Their clothes looked clean when they were "rescued". Said actress claims that they have been stuck out there for 5 months, during which time, they sent out many distress signals that nobody got, not even ships that were in sight. She also said that the water maker was broken & they were down to their last gallon of water. She said that the epirb was never activated because they didn't feel that they were in true peril. She said that they had been living off of oatmeal, pasta & rice for months, but they don't show signs of scurvy or other nutritional disorders. They claim that the mast is broken, but it looks OK in the pictures. Sails also look OK. I'm now wondering when she is going to pull out the screen play & try to show it to Harvey Weinstein. Oops, she might be a few weeks too late for that.

Oct 29, 2016
Hunter 41 DS Port Huron
I did some digging and found her FB page in almost 10 years she only mentions sailing a couple of times and there were absolutely no pictures of the boat, any trips barely a mention of sailing at all, which I find rather unusual.

Status
Not open for further replies.