dLj

Mar 23, 2017
Belliure 41 Sailing back to the Chesapeake
Do we have a head count on this yet?

dj

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Not that I know.
ALL interested in meeting in Annapolis during the boat show check in and let us know the day you will be there.

Les and I will arrive the afternoon of the 3rd and leave the 9th of October. We have a 2 bed condo NorthEast side of Severna Park. About 5-7 miles from Annapolis.

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
I would really love to go, but my son has talked my wife into a long weekend in Puerto Rico. I'll be thinking of you guys, though.

-Will (Dragonfly)

dLj

Mar 23, 2017
I'll be there Saturday only. I have way too many irons in the fire. My wife and I would love to hook up for lunch Saturday. If we go to the iron rooster, there can be some significant wait times. IIRC, they don't take reservations although I can call and confirm if they do or not. Pretty sure it's a negative. If we are more than say about 6 then we may want to look elsewhere. Just some thoughts.

dj

Jan 22, 2008
Beneteau 323 Annapolis MD
I would really love to go, but my son has talked my wife into a long weekend in Puerto Rico. ..
Annapolis/BWI is on the way to San Juan. Where are you staying in PR?

My usual is to go to the show on Thursday, then out on the boat for a long weekend. Sorry I won't be in town to work with you all. If you want a place our of town, I suggest the Annaplois Smakehouse Grill. In the same shopping center as West Marine and liquor store. The Great Schooner Race starts Thursday/11th just off Annapolis in the Bay.

It is not really "out of town". On Forest Drive, too far to walk, but West MIGHT have their store shuttle running? The West by the mall mis closed.

Last edited:

dLj

Mar 23, 2017
I don't mind out of town if it doesn't take a lot of time. Got lots to do and little time. Time is a major concern for me. I'm actually driving down to the show and back home on Saturday. Will make for a long day. But I leave on the following Monday for a two week buisness trip and have a lot to do before I go.

dj

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
Where are you staying in PR?
We are leaving on Wednesday, starting until the 2nd somewhere on the Northeast coast. My son and wife are in charge of that stuff. I just dig stitches and run new fences for the turkeys while they collaborate. Got to have the new turkey run finished before we go. They mentioned taking a ferry to Flamenco Beach.

-Will (Dragonfly)

Oct 22, 2014
The Iron Rooster has been suggested for a Saturday visit. It looks to be close to the boat show (couple of blocks). Lunch is served all day. Supper does not start till 3PM.
http://www.ironroosterallday.com/menu/lunch/
Draft Beers
RAR nanticoke nectar $8
Jailbreak Feed the Monkey $6
Jailbreak Infinite Amber Ale $6
I have never heard of tasted any of these. Suspect it will be fun to explore.

Jul 13, 2010
Precision 23 Perry Hall,Baltimore County
Admiral and I very likely there on Saturday, I. R. would work for us. We usually hit town real early so we can nab a coveted $ 20-30 spot in a parking garage then walk down the hill.

dLj

Mar 23, 2017
Looks like 6 so far for lunch Saturday. Sounds like a good time coming!

dj

Oct 22, 2014
It is coming together.

Now if someone in Annapolis would like to go sailing with a couple of guys from the Pacific NW that would be real cool.

Jan 22, 2008
Beneteau 323 Annapolis MD
.... It looks to be close to the boat show (couple of blocks).
It is one block, really. On the corner of the square, next to Middletons Tavern. They recently re-did the market house, and you might get a decent meal there. I've not been there yet.

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
What is a good day other than Saturday when it is wall to wall. I will be driving 6 hours from home and returning in the evening. Sorry but no grog for me due to driving plus doc said no on the grog for now. Just a little itsy bitsy heart surgery which is nothing