10th annual Northeast O'day Owners rOnDAYvous

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 2, 2004
Oday 35 Staten Island, NY
I am planning my assault on the Friday potluck.
The gauntlet has been thrown down!

(As you already know, Emily won't be there to rise to the challenge, but I'll see what I can do in her stead.)

Pete
s/v EmmieLou (O-322)
Little Silver, NJ

RAD

Jun 3, 2004
Catalina 30 Bay Shore, N.Y.
I don't have an exact head count (I'll be looking to put that together before the end of next week.) But the boat count now stands at 21:

Dodenhoff, DeSimone, Breeden, Paiva, Bartlett, Frenzel, Novitsky, Lynch. Fiasconaro*, Bayreuther*, Reitman, Murphy, John, Lenoble*, Connolly*, Marra*, English, Colucci, Thurman, Parilla*, Leviton*. (The total becomes 22, if our latest newbie, Steve*, decides to sail his 192 downriver for the day rather than drive over.)

In addition, we have at least 5 drive-ups (Abbatello, Coxe, Gelber, Schmid*, Carroll/Ryan*), as well as the usual handful of procrastinators/fence-sitters/who-the-hell-knows.

Pete
s/v EmmieLou (O-322)
Little Silver, NJ
Whats the * for after some of the names? Newbie's?

Jan 22, 2008
Oday 35 and Mariner 2+2 Alexandria, VA
We are at a crew of six right now...5 on the northbound leg though with one sailor meeting us there. I am taking the boat from dc to Annapolis on the 5th. We set sail on the ninth.

Jun 2, 2004
Whats the * for after some of the names? Newbie's?
You guessed it. The * is for newbies.

One of these days, maybe I'll come up with a different symbol for those who come to one rOnDAYvous and never seem to make it back again. :)

Pete
s/v EmmieLou (O-322)
Little Silver, NJ

Jan 22, 2008
Ooohrah! Boat is in Annapolis after a 30 hour non stop trip from Alexandria, VA. We will depart tomorrow for the C&D canal if all goes well and if not we will depart on Monday the 9th, hopefully we will be in Long Island Sound on the 12th.

Nov 11, 2008
Oday 34 Noank, CT
Well, we won't be able to make it Friday, but should be there about noon on Saturday. I heard something about a restaurant for dinner?

Jun 2, 2004
Well, we won't be able to make it Friday, but should be there about noon on Saturday. I heard something about a restaurant for dinner?
Dinner Saturday is at Aqua, the restaurant on the marina premises. I'm hoping to hold the price to $35 a head. Let me know ASAP if you're in. I need to give the manager a fairly accurate head count.

Pete
s/v EmmieLou (O-322)
Little Silver, NJ

Dec 20, 2011
ODay 23 Bal Harbour
Ruidh, if you can PM your itinerary. I am also in Manhassett Bay. If you know of others who are going from here, we can coordinate a "flotilla". Thanks.

ruidh

Oct 1, 2007
Oday 23 Manhasset Bay, LI
Sorry I didn't see this until Saturday. :( We left Thurs am for Port Jefferson and thence to Clinton.

Aug 20, 2010
Oday 27 Oak Orchard
CRASH! My son wrecked my car by hunting deer with it. My truck wouldn't survive the trip and I can't con Mrs. R out of hers. I'm stuck in Rochester.

Oct 21, 2005
Oday 26 Indian Cove, Guilford, CT LIS
Thanks to Capt Pete for another amazing rOnDAYvous, every year is better. What a crowd this year. 60 something for dinner Sat. Those that have not been yet, start planning NOW for next year!

Jan 22, 2008
What a fantastic rOnDAYvous! Glad we made the trip and looking forward to doing it again. If you find yourself in the DC/mid-Atlantic area, give us a shout.

Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.