10th annual Northeast O'day Owners rOnDAYvous

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 2, 2004
Oday 35 Staten Island, NY
Thanks. If you decide to head to DC anytime, let me know. We are at the Washington Sailing Marina (only 1 mile to National Airport.) There is always cold beer at our slip.
I'll definitely keep that in mind. :)

Pete
s/v EmmieLou (O-322)
Little Silver, NJ

Jun 2, 2004
Things seem to be slowing down a bit here. Whassamatta, folks? Got something against deeply-discounted transient rates? Prefer being a lone wolf to enjoying the company of fellow O'day sailors? Had your sense of curiosity and taste for adventure surgically removed?

Don't be shy, people! We don't bite. Get out your trusty debit card and call Cedar Island Marina to reserve a spot at the 10th annual O'day owners rOnDAYvous. Don't wait till it's too late.

Jan 22, 2008
Oday 35 and Mariner 2+2 Alexandria, VA
Just got my confirmation letter in the mail. Slip is reserved!

Jan 22, 2008
I am now soliciting Beer Requests. Please let me know favorite styles, and I will begin to brew up some tasty libations.

Jun 2, 2004
Reservations & libations

I am now soliciting Beer Requests. Please let me know favorite styles, and I will begin to brew up some tasty libations.
Dan,

First of all, a big "Yippee!" on the confirmation notice. I'm really looking forward to meeting you and other rOnDAYvous newbies. Rest assured each of us will doing his/her level best to provide a great time for all.

As for libation requests, I'm an IPA fan myself (although in the summer it's hard to argue with the crisp refreshing taste of a good Pilsner, or maybe something with a hint of citrus).

Do you need a supersized tub filled with ice to keep the keg (or whatever) frosty cold? Or maybe an inflatable kiddie pool?

Pete
s/v EmmieLou (O-322)
Little Silver, NJ

Jun 2, 2004
Dan,

I re-posted your beer-request invite on the Facebook O'day Sailboat Owners page, and someone came up with a potentially killer idea. Instead of a standard IPA, why not tinker in your brew laboratory and create a special OPA (O'day Pale Ale) or RPA (rOnDAYvous Pale Ale) for our big get-together? I'm sure it'd be a winner.

Pete
s/v EmmieLou (O-322)
Little Silver, NJ

Oct 21, 2005
Oday 26 Indian Cove, Guilford, CT LIS
I will be bringing the usual, an IPA, and an American Golden. Both recipes have been "tweaked", so they will be a little different.

Jan 22, 2008
Alright, the Oday IPA project is underway. Leaning toward an "Oceans Dry-hopped Ale"

Jun 2, 2004
I'll bring a special mug for the special occasion. :)

Pete
s/v EmmieLou (O-322)
Little Silver, NJ

Jun 2, 2004
Boat #18 has joined the fleet! Thanks to Carmine Marra of Oyster Bay for taking the plunge, so to speak. We still have room for more. C'mon, let your curiosity get the better of you for once.

Pete
s/v EmmieLou (O-322)
Little Silver, NJ

Salty

Dec 2, 2008
Catalina 390 14 Perth Amboy, NJ
18 boats? Wow! Now it’s a party. Great job Capt. Pete. I can’t wait. Are we still planning the after-meet flotilla to Block Isl, Vineyard etc…? We are very much interested in continuing on after.

ruidh

Oct 1, 2007
Oday 23 Manhasset Bay, LI
I guess I'd better get the cover off my boat and splash her.

Jun 2, 2004
18 boats? Wow! Now it’s a party. Great job Capt. Pete. I can’t wait. Are we still planning the after-meet flotilla to Block Isl, Vineyard etc…? We are very much interested in continuing on after.
I believe Mike Novitsky and/or Rich Breeden are handling the planning and logistics for the after-flotilla.

Pete
s/v EmmieLou (O-322)
Little Silver, NJ

Sep 17, 2007
Oday Mariner Niantic, Conn.
Hi, everybody... looks like I'm boat #19. My name is Nate Bayreuther, and I own an O'Day Mariner - feel free to check out my website here about my boat. I keep her on a mooring in the Niantic River and hope to make the sail down to Clinton on Friday. This will be my first time at a rOnDAYvous - thanks, Pete, for inviting me to come. I just went to the Cedar Island Marina today and paid for a place at the "no frills" dock. A fantastic price at only $2 per foot!

Looking forward to meeting you all!

Nate Bayreuther
O'Day Mariner #1922 Orion

ruidh

Oct 1, 2007
Oday 23 Manhasset Bay, LI
Excellent! I *love* to see the older O'Days getting used. Look forward to meeting you there.

Jun 2, 2004
Hi, everybody... looks like I'm boat #19. My name is Nate Bayreuther, and I own an O'Day Mariner - feel free to check out my website here about my boat. I keep her on a mooring in the Niantic River and hope to make the sail down to Clinton on Friday. This will be my first time at a rOnDAYvous - thanks, Pete, for inviting me to come. I just went to the Cedar Island Marina today and paid for a place at the "no frills" dock. A fantastic price at only $2 per foot!

Looking forward to meeting you all!
Welcome aboard, Nate. I took the liberty of posting your web link on the Facebook O'day Sailboat Owners group page -- where a lot of the pre-rOnDAYvous action is taking place. I'm sure there will be some kind of dingy-taxi service running back and forth between the big transient dock and the no-frills dock. See you there!

Pete
s/v EmmieLou (O-322)
Little Silver, NJ

Salty

Dec 2, 2008
Catalina 390 14 Perth Amboy, NJ
Welcome to the rOnDAYvous Nate. Nice boat!. Looking forword to meeting everyone. Its gonna be a blast!

Jan 22, 2008
Crew opening:
Right now, I have a crew of 4 confirmed. But. I may be looking for "leggers" to help with the trip. If anyone is interested in the offshore run from Cape May to Clinton or any other portion of the trip, please let me know. I have several "volunteers" but no commitments yet.

Jun 2, 2004
The April e-newsletter (The rOnAYvous Report) is now available, and has been sent out to those on the rOnDAYvous mailing list. If you're not on the list and want to be, give me a shout. (I'll need a working e-mail address from you.) If you're already on the list, happy reading!

Pete
s/v EmmieLou (O-322)
Little Silver, NJ

Jun 2, 2004
The April e-newsletter (The rOnAYvous Report) is now available, and has been sent out to those on the rOnDAYvous mailing list. If you're not on the list and want to be, give me a shout. (I'll need a working e-mail address from you.) If you're already on the list, happy reading!
The April and March editions are now available on this site through the downloads section of "Resources." (The February edition may be too big to upload.) Read on!

Status
Not open for further replies.