10th annual Northeast O'day Owners rOnDAYvous

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 2, 2004
Oday 35 Staten Island, NY
The announcement you've all been awaiting breathlessly....

(Drum roll, please.)

The 2012 Northeast O'day Owners rOnDAYvous -- our 10th annual gathering -- will be held the weekend of July 13-15 at Cedar Island Marina in Clinton, CT. Marina owners are looking forward to helping us make this the biggest and best ever, but it all starts with YOU.

So mark your calendars -- in pen -- and start thinking nice warm thoughts. Cedar Island is a family-oriented facility with great amenities, including a big transient dock that will allow all attendees to hang out in a centralized spot. Then there's the pool, BBQ area, lounge, shuttle to town and shopping outlets, and much more.

As if you needed more incentive, we've also worked out a terrific dockage rate for the rOnDAYvous (based on at least 15 boats). Don't miss out. Contact the marina directly to reserve your spot, and do it soon. After March 1, they'll open up their transient space to all comers, so you'll be taking your chances after that date. Here's a link to the marina website, which includes e-mail and phone contact info:

http://www.cedarislandmarina.com

But wait, there's more....

(There's more? Tell me, please!!!)

Since it's the 10th annual rOnDAYvous, we want to go really big. So, after the weekend at Cedar Island, the party will continue for those with the time and desire to do so. A flotilla of O'days will shove off for the Vineyard (or Block, or the Elizabeth Islands -- exact destination to be determined), where the party will carry on for as long as attendees can manage. Think of it -- a big O'day raftup that will let you party at leisure. In the words of Gershwin, "Who could ask for anything more?"

Lots to look forward to as we slog through the depths of winter. Boy, I feel warmer already. So get busy. Sign up, and bring a fellow O'day owner while you're at it. (And besides contacting the marina, don't forget to let me know if you're attending.)

See you in July.

RAD

Jun 3, 2004
Catalina 30 Bay Shore, N.Y.
Cause I had an inside scoop I have all kinds of plans going.....plan A,plan B......alternate plan C

Jan 24, 2005
Oday 222 Dighton, Ma.
Ah Gee Cap'n Pete! I don't think that I'll be able to make it down there this year. :)

Jun 2, 2004
Ah Gee Cap'n Pete! I don't think that I'll be able to make it down there this year. :)
Judging from the smiley face that punctuates the posting, I'm hoping you're just yanking my anchor chain. It can't be any longer a trip than some of our smaller O'days have made to get to past rOnDAYvous.

Looking forward to seeing you there.

Pete
s/v EmmieLou (O-322)
Little Silver, NJ

Jan 24, 2005
Oday 222 Dighton, Ma.
Judging from the smiley face that punctuates the posting, I'm hoping you're just yanking my anchor chain. It can't be any longer a trip than some of our smaller O'days have made to get to past rOnDAYvous.

Looking forward to seeing you there.

Pete
s/v EmmieLou (O-322)
Little Silver, NJ
I think that I could make it Pete--but I wouldn't want to be buried that far away from home. :D
All kidding aside, it is a little too far for me to travel in my little boat. If I was younger I would attempt it.

RAD

Jun 3, 2004
I think that I could make it Pete--but I wouldn't want to be buried that far away from home. :D
All kidding aside, it is a little too far for me to travel in my little boat. If I was younger I would attempt it.
You can leave the boat home and come hang with us for a great weekend.....we would love to meet you in person

Oct 21, 2005
Oday 26 Indian Cove, Guilford, CT LIS
Outside of that, I'm just another hairy legged guitar picker who loves sailing. :D
So Joe, hop in the pick up, with your guitar, head down I-95, and come to the rOnDAYvous. Clinton Harbor is easy to get to off '95. Saturday night. You'll fit right in. And as RAD said, it great to meet folks from here in person. Here is a picture of Saturday night last year.

Rick

Attachments

Jan 24, 2005
Oday 222 Dighton, Ma.
You can leave the boat home and come hang with us for a great weekend.....we would love to meet you in person
Who knows Rad? Maybe I'll surprise you. It won't be this year though because I'll be going in and out of Boston for the next eight months. I wish you folks a great time.
Joe

Apr 18, 2005
Oday 39 Cataumet, MA
Pete, its on my calendar and hopefully it won't get pushed off. I am planning on making it this year for the first time.
O'39
CodasOpus
Boston, MA

Jun 2, 2004
Pete, its on my calendar and hopefully it won't get pushed off. I am planning on making it this year for the first time.
O'39
CodasOpus
Boston, MA
OK, Bob! I'll keep my fingers crossed. Stay tuned for updates.

Pete
s/v EmmieLou (O-322)
Little Silver, NJ

Dec 20, 2011
ODay 23 Bal Harbour
Has anyone sailed from NYC to Clinton? How many days, etc. It is north of eastern Long Island. Thanks

Jun 2, 2004
Several times

Has anyone sailed from NYC to Clinton? How many days, etc. It is north of eastern Long Island. Thanks
I've done it on a number of occasions, usually in 2 days from my homeport in Jersey City. I'm considering doing it in a single day this summer, but it would probably be a lo-o-ong day.

Pete
s/v EmmieLou (O-322)
Little Silver, NJ

RAD

Jun 3, 2004
Or perhaps Newport Marina to Huntington/Northport day one and off to Clinton the following morning

Jun 2, 2004
Or perhaps Newport Marina to Huntington/Northport day one and off to Clinton the following morning
If you time the currents correctly, Newport Marina to Port Jeff is just over 8 hours. Then it's short hop northeast across the Sound to Clinton.

BTW, Bob, there's a new member of the FB O'day group who sails a 272 out of West Sayville. I'm working on her to join the flotilla.

Pete
s/v EmmieLou (O-322)
Little Silver, NJ

RAD

Jun 3, 2004
If you time the currents correctly, Newport Marina to Port Jeff is just over 8 hours. Then it's short hop northeast across the Sound to Clinton.

BTW, Bob, there's a new member of the FB O'day group who sails a 272 out of West Sayville. I'm working on her to join the flotilla.

Pete
s/v EmmieLou (O-322)
Little Silver, NJ
Is that the folks who showed up at Bay House in Bay Shore? or is it someone brand new?.......wonder if I know them?

Jun 2, 2004
Is that the folks who showed up at Bay House in Bay Shore? or is it someone brand new?.......wonder if I know them?
Her name is Karen Giordano. Just signed on to the FB O'day group. Profile says she lives in Bayport, and she told me they sail out of West Sayville.

Pete
s/v EmmieLou (O-322)
Little Silver, NJ

ruidh

Oct 1, 2007
Oday 23 Manhasset Bay, LI
I'm in! Reservation sent to Cedar Island. I'll join the floatilla at Hart Island.

Plus, I still have burgees. 12"x18". $25 each ($26 for Paypal) plus $6 per order S&H. PM me. Don't be caught at the rOnDAYvous without one.

Oct 21, 2005
Oday 26 Indian Cove, Guilford, CT LIS
Any advice on going through Hell's Gate?
Get a copy of Eldriges, and plan on passing through Hell Gate at slack. Last year leaving the rOnDAYvous, several of us, including a 222 went through with enough current that we were hitting 11 kts on the gps. It was a non issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.