10th annual Northeast O'day Owners rOnDAYvous

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 2, 2004
Oday 35 Staten Island, NY
About T-minus-11-weeks, give or take. Guess I better splash my boat pretty soon.

Pete
s/v EmmieLou (O-322)
Little Silver, NJ

RAD

Jun 3, 2004
Catalina 30 Bay Shore, N.Y.
About T-minus-11-weeks, give or take. Guess I better splash my boat pretty soon.

Pete
s/v EmmieLou (O-322)
Little Silver, NJ
Bout time you decided to get the boat wet :D

Jan 22, 2008
Oday 35 and Mariner 2+2 Alexandria, VA
Putting her through the paces on Friday. Did a short Sail Monday, tightened an engine mount and found a bad crimp...oddly enough one of the "professionally done" crimps.

ruidh

Oct 1, 2007
Oday 23 Manhasset Bay, LI
Yes, I'll probably be last one in at the Rondayvous again. I took the cover off last month.

Jun 2, 2004
Putting her through the paces on Friday. Did a short Sail Monday, tightened an engine mount and found a bad crimp...oddly enough one of the "professionally done" crimps.
That's why we do it ourselves sometimes. At least we know the quality of the work we're getting.

Pete
s/v EmmieLou (O-322)
Little Silver, NJ

Dec 24, 2010
Oday 22 Erie Basin Marina Buffalo, NY
I think that I could make it Pete--but I wouldn't want to be buried that far away from home. :D
All kidding aside, it is a little too far for me to travel in my little boat. If I was younger I would attempt it.
Hi Joe,
Try to make it if you can. My wife and I are driving out from Buffalo, NY (sans boat) to be there. It will be our first rOnDayvous.

Dec 9, 2011
Oday28 28 Newburyport
Capn Pete said:
The announcement you've all been awaiting breathlessly....

(Drum roll, please.)

The 2012 Northeast O'day Owners rOnDAYvous -- our 10th annual gathering -- will be held the weekend of July 13-15 at Cedar Island Marina in Clinton, CT. Marina owners are looking forward to helping us make this the biggest and best ever, but it all starts with YOU.

So mark your calendars -- in pen -- and start thinking nice warm thoughts. Cedar Island is a family-oriented facility with great amenities, including a big transient dock that will allow all attendees to hang out in a centralized spot. Then there's the pool, BBQ area, lounge, shuttle to town and shopping outlets, and much more.

As if you needed more incentive, we've also worked out a terrific dockage rate for the rOnDAYvous (based on at least 15 boats). Don't miss out. Contact the marina directly to reserve your spot, and do it soon. After March 1, they'll open up their transient space to all comers, so you'll be taking your chances after that date. Here's a link to the marina website, which includes e-mail and phone contact info:

http://www.cedarislandmarina.com

But wait, there's more....

(There's more? Tell me, please!!!)

Since it's the 10th annual rOnDAYvous, we want to go really big. So, after the weekend at Cedar Island, the party will continue for those with the time and desire to do so. A flotilla of O'days will shove off for the Vineyard (or Block, or the Elizabeth Islands -- exact destination to be determined), where the party will carry on for as long as attendees can manage. Think of it -- a big O'day raftup that will let you party at leisure. In the words of Gershwin, "Who could ask for anything more?"

Lots to look forward to as we slog through the depths of winter. Boy, I feel warmer already. So get busy. Sign up, and bring a fellow O'day owner while you're at it. (And besides contacting the marina, don't forget to let me know if you're attending.)

See you in July.
Hi,
We are planning on attending. We are too new and will drive from NH. What else do we need to do.?
Thanks
Carleen with O'Day 28

Jun 2, 2004
Hi,
We are planning on attending. We are too new and will drive from NH. What else do we need to do.?
Thanks
Carleen with O'Day 28
Great to hear, Carleen! Send me your e-mail address (to pooby_99 at yahoo dot com) and I'll add you to the mailing list for e-newsletters and other pertinent info. The most recent newsletter has info on local lodgings.

See you there!

Pete
s/v EmmieLou (O-322)
Little Silver, NJ

Jan 22, 2008
Oday 35 and Mariner 2+2 Alexandria, VA
1 month to departure for us. Beer is brewing, boat is ready, burgee is flying and the crew is excited!

ruidh

Oct 1, 2007
Wise Eyes is (finally) launched. Water tank is full. Engine tuned up and purring nicely. Missing mainsail battens found.

I still need to bring my cooking gear and bedding to the boat. And plan a delicacy for the Friday pot luck.

And bring my burgee. :embarrassed:

Dec 20, 2011
ODay 23 Bal Harbour
Manhasset Bay? I saw another Oday at that marina, s/v Irish Wake. I think it is a 27 ft. Don't think the owner signed up with Oday Owners.

ruidh

Oct 1, 2007
I don't recall that one. There are several O'Days on Manhasset Bay in including a Mariner.

Oct 21, 2005
Oday 26 Indian Cove, Guilford, CT LIS
Those on the rOnDAYvous e-mail list, check your mail for ordering info. Anyone else who might like to order a shirt, (even if you can't attend the event) PM me.

Attachments

Jun 2, 2004
Time is running out!!!

Those on the rOnDAYvous e-mail list, check your mail for ordering info. Anyone else who might like to order a shirt, (even if you can't attend the event) PM me.
If you want one (or more) of the commemorative polo shirts that have been created for the 10th annual O'day rOnDAYvous, you'd better act quickly -- the absolute, no-B.S. deadline for getting your order in is tomorrow, June 22 (end of the day).

Details of this one-of-a-kind shirt, and how to order, were provided in an earlier e-mail. But if you'd rather not go back to your in-box from June 12, here's the gist of it:

It's a high-quality 100% polyester white polo adorned with two original designs. The left breast will be embroidered with the "I Love O'Day" logo created especially for this year's rOnDAYvous by Peter Schmid, and the left sleeve will show the O'day burgee created by Roy Murphy.

The shirts are priced at $36; for XXL and larger, add $5. All-cotton youth sizes will be available; contact Rick for pricing and other details. The shirts come in both men's and women's sizes, so be sure to specify when ordering.

Orders should be sent to Rick via e-mail at rjchaplett@gmail.com, and MUST be placed by June 22. Be sure to specify men's and/or women's size(s). Payment should be made in CASH ONLY at the rOnDAYvous. (If you really want to send a check, it must be in advance. E-mail Rick and he'll send you his postal address.) Anyone not attending the rOnDAYvous who needs their shirts(s) shipped should e-mail Rick to make the necessary arrangements.

What are you waiting for? Quit reading and start ordering!

Pete
s/v EmmieLou (O-322)
Little Silver, NJ

Jun 4, 2012
Oday 28, 192 Clinton, CT
Hi all,

I only just recently joined this forum and have an O'day 192. I actually keep her in Clinton but not at Cedar Island so I'm already there for the rendezvous. I'd like to get involved? What are the activities?

I'm local and therefore will have a car if anyone needs to get around?

Thanks,

Steve

ruidh

Oct 1, 2007
Hey, Steve. Send Pete (just above your reply) your email address in a PM and he'll send you some info.

Jun 2, 2004
Hey, Steve. Send Pete (just above your reply) your email address in a PM and he'll send you some info.
Done. Welcome to the fleet, Steve.

Pete
s/v EmmieLou (O-322)
Little Silver, NJ

Jun 2, 2004
Whats the head count now?
I don't have an exact head count (I'll be looking to put that together before the end of next week.) But the boat count now stands at 21:

Dodenhoff, DeSimone, Breeden, Paiva, Bartlett, Frenzel, Novitsky, Lynch. Fiasconaro*, Bayreuther*, Reitman, Murphy, John, Lenoble*, Connolly*, Marra*, English, Colucci, Thurman, Parilla*, Leviton*. (The total becomes 22, if our latest newbie, Steve*, decides to sail his 192 downriver for the day rather than drive over.)

In addition, we have at least 5 drive-ups (Abbatello, Coxe, Gelber, Schmid*, Carroll/Ryan*), as well as the usual handful of procrastinators/fence-sitters/who-the-hell-knows.

Pete
s/v EmmieLou (O-322)
Little Silver, NJ

Status
Not open for further replies.