10th annual Northeast O'day Owners rOnDAYvous

Status
Not open for further replies.

ruidh

Oct 1, 2007
Oday 23 Manhasset Bay, LI
Oh, we didn't go through at slack. I think we hit close to peak flow. The eddies were tossing my 23 around. It was quite a ride.

11.3 knots! by ruidh, on Flickr

Herco, the thing to do is coordinate with Pete Dodenhoff and travel in a group. You definately want to go with the current rather than fighting it and you want to make it through before it reverses.

Oct 21, 2005
Oday 26 Indian Cove, Guilford, CT LIS
Nope, we didn't go through at slack, but my point was, although probably not clear, even with current, be respectful of it but not afraid. With some planning, it is not that scary a place.

BTW, when I went by the power plant just East of Hell Gate, I hit 13 kts. It was very cool.

RAD

Jun 3, 2004
Catalina 30 Bay Shore, N.Y.
Pete and I plan with any one else who cares to join us to travel as a group a few days before and as all said with proper planning Hell's Gate is no problem.....been through it quite a few times and my record speed was 13 knots heading south one time

Jun 2, 2004
Oday 35 Staten Island, NY
The first issue of the rOnDAYvous e-newsletter has been sent out. If you didn't get it, well, you just don't get it. (All kidding aside, just ask and I'll be happy to add you to the burgeoning mailing list.)

Pete
s/v EmmieLou (O-322)
Little Silver, NJ

Aug 20, 2010
Oday 27 Oak Orchard
Well after last years job transition right as I was making arrangements to attend, I'm planning on being there this year. Hell froze over so to speak. Not bad all in all as I had a new job within 3 days that offered several weeks vacation upfront. I don't forsee any impediments to attending this year.

Jun 2, 2004
Second time's the charm?

Well after last years job transition right as I was making arrangements to attend, I'm planning on being there this year. Hell froze over so to speak. Not bad all in all as I had a new job within 3 days that offered several weeks vacation upfront. I don't forsee any impediments to attending this year.
HOORAY!!! (Insert happy dance here.)

See you in July.

Pete
s/v EmmieLou (O-322)
Little Silver, NJ

RAD

Jun 3, 2004
Youl'l fit right in with this crowd :)

Jan 22, 2008
Oday 35 and Mariner 2+2 Alexandria, VA
Putting my leave papers in now. I may actually make this one!

Jun 2, 2004
Putting my leave papers in now. I may actually make this one!
Want me to write a note to your boss? If I know my rOnDAYvous comrades, we'll do what we can to help assure your being there.

Fingers crossed.

Pete
s/v EmmieLou (O-322)
Little Silver, NJ

Jun 2, 2004
Dan,

I checked your odayowners profile, and saw the reference to homebrewing. You ought to get in touch with Rick Bartlett (Apple O'day), who is the unofficial brewmaster of the rOnDAYvous. He usually brings a jug or two of adult bevs to the gathering.

Pete
s/v EmmieLou (O-322)
Little Silver, NJ

Jan 22, 2008
I will be in touch. I have a portable kegerator setup on board for 3 and 5 gallon kegs!

Jun 2, 2004
I will be in touch. I have a portable kegerator setup on board for 3 and 5 gallon kegs!
BTW, Dan, don't forget to send me your e-address (off-list, if you feel it's safer), so I can add you to the mailing list for newsletters and other updates.

Pete
s/v EmmieLou (O-322)
Little Silver, NJ

Jan 22, 2008
OK, I sent in the Marina Reservation form tonight (the joys of the night watch.) Leave paperwork is submitted, and I think even my wife is excited by the prospect of the trip. I am going to try and rally a good crew for this trip. Aloha for now, and in the meantime, if anyone is down in the DC/Annapolis/Chesapeake area, let me know.

Dan "Monkey" Parilla

RAD

Jun 3, 2004
OK, I sent in the Marina Reservation form tonight (the joys of the night watch.) Leave paperwork is submitted, and I think even my wife is excited by the prospect of the trip. I am going to try and rally a good crew for this trip. Aloha for now, and in the meantime, if anyone is down in the DC/Annapolis/Chesapeake area, let me know.

Dan "Monkey" Parilla
Welcome to the fun and we have some friends Patti and Bill Coxe from New Bern NC that wander up every year in their 40 Oday so maybe you could reach out and join them if the timing works out

Jun 2, 2004

Dan "Monkey" Parilla
FAN-BLOODY-TASTIC!

Wish I could sign aboard for the trip up from the Chez. In any case, be sure to let me know if you want to make a stopover at my marina in Jersey City before pushing on to the rOnDAYvous.

Pete
s/v EmmieLou (O-322)
Little Silver, NJ

Jan 22, 2008
Capn Pete,
Where is your Marina? That may be an option either before or after the rOnDAYvous. I am planning to make a loop of Long Island over the course of the trip.

Dan

Jun 2, 2004
Where I'm at...

Capn Pete,
Where is your Marina? That may be an option either before or after the rOnDAYvous. I am planning to make a loop of Long Island over the course of the trip.

Dan
My marina is on the Hudson in Jersey City, about a mile or so north of the Battery. Or, if you prefer: 40°43’32.04”N 74° 2’4.33”W. (That's straight from the marina website, www.igy-newport.com.)

If you do make a stop there, as I hope, I'll have a welcome mat out and leave a light on for you.

Pete
s/v EmmieLou (O-322)
Little Silver, NJ

Jan 22, 2008
Thanks. If you decide to head to DC anytime, let me know. We are at the Washington Sailing Marina (only 1 mile to National Airport.) There is always cold beer at our slip.

RAD

Jun 3, 2004
I'l be coming from Fire Island Inlet and heading to Newport then to Cedar Island and when I leave I'm headed to Greenport then East around Montauk towards Shinnecock Inlet

Status
Not open for further replies.