Anyone who doesn't post a photo today, will be barred from SBO.

Jun 14, 2010
Robertson & Caine 2017 Leopard 40 CT
"...you have little to do." ???

I wish that was so. Seemed like a good time to completely cut out the settee and design and build a new one. Going from a stupid circular type drawn with a french curve that was uncomfortable in any position to a usable U-shape. Seats were widen, and the backs reclined from 5* to 15*. Gained usable counter space in the galley.

Mark
Hey Mark, nice work! Congratulations on the new boat. I assume you’re back in CT? We’d love to hear about your journeys and your transition from Reach to your new boat. :thumbup:

walt

Jun 1, 2007
Macgregor 26S Hobie TI Ridgway Colorado
Pictures from about nearly 15 +/- years ago and a story. This is my first sailboat (Capri 16 wing keel) and the kid in the picture just graduated college (RF electrical engineer) and moved from Colorado to Buffalo New York in January 2020. Nice timing for his first job with the pandemic and moving to a new state but at least he (and his brother) finished school before they all shut down.

capri_1.jpg

capri_2.jpg

capri_3.jpg

colemj

Jul 13, 2004
Dolphin Catamaran Dolphin 460 Mystic, CT
Hey Mark, nice work! Congratulations on the new boat. I assume you’re back in CT? We’d love to hear about your journeys and your transition from Reach to your new boat. :thumbup:
Hi Larry,
No, not in CT, we are in FL. Probably won't be back up to New England any time soon. Was going to do some refit work this year and then head back to the Western Caribe, and then probably through the canal and explore the West coast of South and Central America for a few years. Now plans are on hold waiting to see how this all shakes out.

The transition from Reach 1.0 to Reach 2.0 was easy because we had them docked together for a couple of months. We pulled everything off R1.0, it popped up 5 inches, we were aghast at all the stuff we had unwittingly and slowly accumulated over the past 12yrs cruising, threw half of it away, put the rest on R2.0 and it sunk 1" (less weight, and more hull buoyancy).

Mark

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Thank you @TomY for triggering us to flush out alL these memories in pictures of times we were enjoying our family and friends.

With the forced upon us isolation we can sometimes forget the moments of true joy that have filled our lives. This pandemic will eventually be over and we will start again the activity that fills what we define as our lives.

Will we just go back to what we were doing in January, or will we take stock of what has happened and choose to do somethings differently?

I hope it will be a new Spring for us All.

Sail out upon the sea with vim and vigor.
You will need an optimistic heart if you are to reach the far shore.
Enjoy the journey. It is yours to make of it, what you choose.
Fair winds.
John

BillyK

Jan 24, 2010
Catalina 310 Ocean City, NJ
strong winds came through today.. someone is going to be really sad...

60849888834--72D24A96-DF7C-460D-9D27-B6BFD301E8E3.JPG

Jun 14, 2010
Robertson & Caine 2017 Leopard 40 CT
strong winds came through today.. someone is going to be really sad...
Bummer - it appears the headsail furler came partially open before it blew over. This is a really expensive way to learn to strip the sails for storage, especially headsails on a furler. (Mildew and UV damage are other reasons). Looking at the sandy soil, I wonder if someone was checking the stands regularly, too?

Jan 5, 2017
Beneteau First 38 Lyall Harbour Saturna Island
Wonderin' if we'll ever be able to get back on the water.
This too shall pass. Was down at the boat today. Got the sails back on, couple of more jobs and we'll be ready to day sail anyway.