Anyone who doesn't post a photo today, will be barred from SBO.

HMT2

Mar 20, 2014
Hunter 31 828 Shoreacres, TX
We all have waaaaaayyyy too much time on our hands, nice photo editing!

Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
So I don’t wanna get barred from SBOF.

These photos show what happens when the beach is pitched steeply and you have to time the push off with the swells..and hope to get your beer belly over the top of the rib.

View attachment 177235
Oh yeah and then :yikes: pray the motor starts...
View attachment 177236
Oh yeah.... I know that routine.... This was taken June 2015 off of Cape San Blas Florida. My Hobie 16. BTW, I pressure washed this boat yesterday and got her ready for some summer fun social distancing at its best ....

San Blas2.jpg

Last edited:

colemj

Jul 13, 2004
Dolphin Catamaran Dolphin 460 Mystic, CT
"...you have little to do." ???

I wish that was so. Seemed like a good time to completely cut out the settee and design and build a new one. Going from a stupid circular type drawn with a french curve that was uncomfortable in any position to a usable U-shape. Seats were widen, and the backs reclined from 5* to 15*. Gained usable counter space in the galley.

Mark

Attachments

DArcy

Feb 11, 2017
Islander Freeport 36 Ottawa
I'm a little late, I hope I'm not banned :redface: I've actually had a lot of work (working from home) the last few days so haven't been checking in very often. Here's a nice little (very little) tug that showed up in the harbour last September.
20190902_131454.jpg

NYSail

Jan 6, 2006
Beneteau 423 Mt. Sinai, NY
Looking out from the mountain on Virgin Gorda one month ago. We returned to the US on Friday 3/13. Fortunately we went through US Customs in St. John, because the overcrowded conditions in JFK Customs made news that weekend. Probably our last trip for a while. (PS - We chartered a Jeanneau 440 - nice boat).
View attachment 177237
A mono hull....... oh my!

Jun 14, 2010
Robertson & Caine 2017 Leopard 40 CT
A mono hull....... oh my!
The dark side. No, I have no plans to buy one. ;)
It was very nice, but I couldn’t go below underway on the ocean without getting sick. It was so well equipped with “systems” that it draws 11 amps just sitting at idle anchor. (Front load large fridge and walk-in freezer, microwave, AC, genset etc). Exaggerating on the size of freezer but it was as big as most dirt dwellers have.
I still have my boat listed but don’t expect to sell in this market situation. I’m happy to sail it another summer if the pandemic doesn’t stop us from launching and using it. The way things are going with closures and social distancing I’ll be happy to just stay close and daysail. (My thoughts were to get a cat and trade a major setback in sailing performance in exchange for more interior space, but that will have to wait.) I still love my tri and I was on the fence about selling so that is OK. :thumbup:

Last edited: