Wednesday IS photoday!!!

DArcy

Feb 11, 2017
Islander Freeport 36 Ottawa
Last Saturday was the annual Tucker-Rogers regatta at my club. This is a fun dinghy regatta started many years ago, dressing up is encouraged and we decided to dress up my daughter's Opti as a pirate ship. On Friday I was looking around for a pirate flag with no luck so I decided to sew one. How hard could it be? Well, at least you can tell what it's supposed to be

Then I had to make some canons so I cut down some 4" PVC pipe and spray painted them. The Optimist is a one person boat but there wasn't much wind, and rules are vague at best in this regatta, so my daughter conscripted a crew to paddle

Here is the piratess with her vessel

She won the "Adventure" trophy - we still don't know exactly what the scoring for this trophy is but she was happy to win it :)

Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
Last Saturday was the annual Tucker-Rogers regatta at my club. This is a fun dinghy regatta started many years ago, dressing up is encouraged and we decided to dress up my daughter's Opti as a pirate ship. On Friday I was looking around for a pirate flag with no luck so I decided to sew one. How hard could it be? Well, at least you can tell what it's supposed to be

Then I had to make some canons so I cut down some 4" PVC pipe and spray painted them. The Optimist is a one person boat but there wasn't much wind, and rules are vague at best in this regatta, so my daughter conscripted a crew to paddle

Here is the piratess with her vessel

She won the "Adventure" trophy - we still don't know exactly what the scoring for this trophy is but she was happy to win it :)
:beer:
Your challenge for next year is to turn those PVC cannons into functional glitter guns (a.k.a. potato guns) or water balloon launchers. :biggrin:

DArcy

Feb 11, 2017
Islander Freeport 36 Ottawa
Your challenge for next year is to turn those PVC cannons into functional glitter guns (a.k.a. potato guns) or water balloon launchers. :biggrin:
Yup, there were many comments about them not being functional. I'm trying to figure out how to mount a super soaker in them. Hmm, the deck wash thread gives me an idea :)

Nov 8, 2010
Beneteau First 36.7 & 260 Minneapolis MN & Bayfield WI
Here’s a real time Wednesday picture. Taking a minute ago. Supposed to be a gentle solo sail, noaa missed that 20 kn!

View attachment 165918
Let's call it video Wednesday. Unlike the calm picture its busier here, my ceo/partner sending me a message I need to check, the breezy day, the boat is hauling ass, and Avicii on the stereo.

SFS

Aug 18, 2015
Currently Boatless Okinawa
It was still Wednesday on the west coast when I took this a few hours ago. There were no sailboats, but this was today's sunset over the Danube in Bratislava, Slovakia. The big building on the hill is the Hrad Castle. The mosquitos here are enormous, and the current in the Danube looks to be about 6 knots.

IMG_20190613_203130616_HDR.jpg

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Finally hit the water
You guys are tough in Maine.

Out here we set the boat into the water. Then the owner goes into the boat and makes sure that there are no unusual leaks in new places. Only then do they unstrap the lift and encourage you to move the boat.

Hitting the water just seems a bit brutal.

Bob J.

Apr 14, 2009
Sabre 28 NH
You guys are tough in Maine.

Out here we set the boat into the water. Then the owner goes into the boat and makes sure that there are no unusual leaks in new places. Only then do they unstrap the lift and encourage you to move the boat.

Hitting the water just seems a bit brutal.
Hmm. Sounds like I'll need to speak to the yard guy about this. lol

Feb 11, 2017
Gulfstar 47 NC
Really good to see all you guys back after a long winter. We sailed to Ocracoke in May and spent a week. A great time not crowded yet. Enjoy your summer.