sea sickness

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 3, 2004
Prindle 18, beach catamaran Chicago (North Edgebrook), IL
Mythbusters/Placebo

My son, the one who gets seasick and now eats ginger snaps, is a HUGE Mythbusters fan. If nothing else in his young mind, their test brings huge credibility to the ginger snap theory. The show is really great, without fail, they hurl, crush or blow (launching the hot water tank was spectacular, a hurl and a blow all at once) up something to prove/debunk the myth, pure testosterone. And then there's Kari...

Jun 3, 2004
Mythbusters/Placebo

My son, the one who gets seasick and now eats ginger snaps, is a HUGE Mythbusters fan. If nothing else in his young mind, their test brings huge credibility to the ginger snap theory. The show is really great, without fail, they hurl, crush or blow (launching the hot water tank was spectacular, a hurl and a blow all at once) up something to prove/debunk the myth, pure testosterone. And then there's Kari...

Jan 26, 2007
Norsea 27 Cleveland
Explosive show

I particularly like the exploding porta-potty, even if they had to jazz it up a bit to get it to go off. The exploding cement truck was quite a scene too. Nothing left of it! I always thought they should test the condensation in the fuel tank over winter theory. There's fuel involved, I'm sure they could work in an explosion somehow.

Jan 26, 2007
Norsea 27 Cleveland
Explosive show

I particularly like the exploding porta-potty, even if they had to jazz it up a bit to get it to go off. The exploding cement truck was quite a scene too. Nothing left of it! I always thought they should test the condensation in the fuel tank over winter theory. There's fuel involved, I'm sure they could work in an explosion somehow.

Jan 26, 2007
Norsea 27 Cleveland
Explosive show

Jan 26, 2007
Norsea 27 Cleveland
Explosive show

C

Capt Ron;-)

Dancing Bear

Hey there, sounds like a Cheokee name. I was just teasing, so with the M & M experiment too. Those great scinetsts were the precursers to the great Einsteins realativity as they couls not find what they were looking for, that light should slow as it passes though the 'ether' as we hurl through space at 18 miles per second on our 'spaceship' we all ride. NO one ever hear tell of hyperbole, rhetorical, or metaphorical questions with a bit of humor in them? Dear Dancing Bear, meant no offense, just having fun, love that name and you have shown your mettle with some excellant posts here that I've seen. I read oft as i can but usually have no time to post as I'd like or too stupid to answer...lol

C

Capt Ron;-)

Dancing Bear

Hey there, sounds like a Cheokee name. I was just teasing, so with the M & M experiment too. Those great scinetsts were the precursers to the great Einsteins realativity as they couls not find what they were looking for, that light should slow as it passes though the 'ether' as we hurl through space at 18 miles per second on our 'spaceship' we all ride. NO one ever hear tell of hyperbole, rhetorical, or metaphorical questions with a bit of humor in them? Dear Dancing Bear, meant no offense, just having fun, love that name and you have shown your mettle with some excellant posts here that I've seen. I read oft as i can but usually have no time to post as I'd like or too stupid to answer...lol

C

Capt Ron;-)

Dancing Bear

C

Capt Ron;-)

Dancing Bear

C

Capt Ron;-)

BTW

My 14 yr old daughter loves the mythbusters show, but then she does like 'Smackdown' too...;=)

C

Capt Ron;-)

BTW

My 14 yr old daughter loves the mythbusters show, but then she does like 'Smackdown' too...;=)

C

Capt Ron;-)

BTW

C

Capt Ron;-)

BTW

JFitz

Jul 24, 2007
- - Miami
The Med- Winter sailing

My wife and I just finished 8 years over there. For what it's worth; winter storms in the Med reach hurricane force. Best not to go too far offshore and get blown down to Algeria or Libya. We setled on 1 or 2 Dramamine. Good for grabbing a quick few hours sleep between watches. Good sailing!

R

Roan

Ginger

Thank you for fnding this on internet. I should have looked there before going to this site. I will try ginger pills and crystallized ginger as I am not crazy about chemicals. Much appreciated.

Jun 3, 2004
Roan

Sorry I kind of triggered a hijack with the Mythbuster stuff, I hope you find something that works for you. Although I have to admit, I was quite proud of working in the hurl and blow reference. Capt. Ron, no offense taken.

Status
Not open for further replies.