sea sickness

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Roan

I will be doing some winter sailing on the Med where it could be rough. Rough seas have given me sea sickness for 24 hour periods before. Is there a drop dead solution to this? Medication, patch, etc.

R

Roan

I will be doing some winter sailing on the Med where it could be rough. Rough seas have given me sea sickness for 24 hour periods before. Is there a drop dead solution to this? Medication, patch, etc.

Dec 24, 2003
- - Va. Beach, Va
Is there a drop dead solution to this? . . NO .

If there were, NASA wouldn't have spent a billion $$ trying to find it; still with no good result. That said, there are dozens of "remadies" ... Google seasickness. Transderm scopolamine is probably one of the best. But EVERYONE has their own opinion...

Dec 24, 2003
- - Va. Beach, Va

If there were, NASA wouldn't have spent a billion $$ trying to find it; still with no good result. That said, there are dozens of "remadies" ... Google seasickness. Transderm scopolamine is probably one of the best. But EVERYONE has their own opinion...

Dec 24, 2003
- - Va. Beach, Va

Dec 24, 2003
- - Va. Beach, Va

Dec 9, 2006
Oday 22 Hickory, NC
Hi folks...

...as crazy as it sounds once out on the great blue sea I was getting 'green around the gills' and the lady on the boat gave me some 'Toasty' Peanut butter crackers. (Made by Lance, and others.) I chewed them up and felt better in a minute or so! She said ti was the peanut butter that did a coating on your stomach. Works most of the time! Check the archives, there should be tons of post about seasickness! JAck

Dec 9, 2006
Oday 22 Hickory, NC
Hi folks...

...as crazy as it sounds once out on the great blue sea I was getting 'green around the gills' and the lady on the boat gave me some 'Toasty' Peanut butter crackers. (Made by Lance, and others.) I chewed them up and felt better in a minute or so! She said ti was the peanut butter that did a coating on your stomach. Works most of the time! Check the archives, there should be tons of post about seasickness! JAck

Dec 9, 2006
Oday 22 Hickory, NC
Hi folks...

Dec 9, 2006
Oday 22 Hickory, NC
Hi folks...

Ross

Jun 15, 2004
Islander/Wayfairer 30 sail number 25 Perryville,Md.
Ginger is generally recognized as safe and

effective. I keep a can of crystallized ginger on the boat even though sea sickness isn't a problem for us.

Ross

Jun 15, 2004

effective. I keep a can of crystallized ginger on the boat even though sea sickness isn't a problem for us.

Ross

Jun 15, 2004

Ross

Jun 15, 2004

Jan 13, 2007
Oday 192 Budd Lake NJ
beware of Transcoplamoine

Beware of the little patch behind your ear, read the warning. I went on a cruise in February. After the 3 day, when I put on a new patch I developed a adverse reaction. I got the memory disturbance mentioned in the package. That included 98% amnesia that lasted for the next 5 days, then 2 to 3 days after I got back, after!! I took the patch off. And no we didn’t even drink that much. My wife says I acted like an old man with Alzheimer’s ,ex: I could not remember that I put the keys and money 1 min after I put them in my pocket. I didn’t know anything was wrong till after we got back when coworker we asking “how was the cruise” and all I could say is “it was fine?” then we looked at the pictures. I couldn’t remember any ports of call, how we got off or on the ship, the dress up diners or how I got in the ships pool? I’m glad we have pictures because I can’t remember a damm thing, what a waste of 3 grand. Take Draminine it works fast and being a little drowsy isn’t a bad price to pay Have a great trip and take lots of pictures Dano

Jan 13, 2007
Oday 192 Budd Lake NJ

Beware of the little patch behind your ear, read the warning. I went on a cruise in February. After the 3 day, when I put on a new patch I developed a adverse reaction. I got the memory disturbance mentioned in the package. That included 98% amnesia that lasted for the next 5 days, then 2 to 3 days after I got back, after!! I took the patch off. And no we didn’t even drink that much. My wife says I acted like an old man with Alzheimer’s ,ex: I could not remember that I put the keys and money 1 min after I put them in my pocket. I didn’t know anything was wrong till after we got back when coworker we asking “how was the cruise” and all I could say is “it was fine?” then we looked at the pictures. I couldn’t remember any ports of call, how we got off or on the ship, the dress up diners or how I got in the ships pool? I’m glad we have pictures because I can’t remember a damm thing, what a waste of 3 grand. Take Draminine it works fast and being a little drowsy isn’t a bad price to pay Have a great trip and take lots of pictures Dano

Jan 13, 2007
Oday 192 Budd Lake NJ

Jan 13, 2007
Oday 192 Budd Lake NJ

Jan 26, 2007
Norsea 27 Cleveland
Ginger

Dropping dead would certainly take care of the symptoms, but it wouldn't be my first choice. We are lucky to have had few problems. We carry Ginger Snaps and MotionEaze drops for guests. I don't know why the MotionEaze works, but apparently it's very good. The active ingredients all seem to be natural, herbal remedies and it's applied behind your ear. It seems to be very effective too.

Jan 26, 2007
Norsea 27 Cleveland
Ginger

Dropping dead would certainly take care of the symptoms, but it wouldn't be my first choice. We are lucky to have had few problems. We carry Ginger Snaps and MotionEaze drops for guests. I don't know why the MotionEaze works, but apparently it's very good. The active ingredients all seem to be natural, herbal remedies and it's applied behind your ear. It seems to be very effective too.

Status
Not open for further replies.