Salish Sea sailing?

Feb 26, 2004
Catalina 34 224 Maple Bay, BC, Canada
@Ken Cross

I'll know when I can get off the dock later this afternoon, and will let you know so we can plan to get together. Could be as early as Saturday, late as Wednesday. I could well drop down to the SJs first or last, doesn't matter to me, I want to renew my cruising permit. Looking forward to seeing as many of you as possible.

Oct 24, 2010
Hunter 30 Everett, WA
@Ken Cross

I'll know when I can get off the dock later this afternoon, and will let you know so we can plan to get together. Could be as early as Saturday, late as Wednesday. I could well drop down to the SJs first or last, doesn't matter to me, I want to renew my cruising permit. Looking forward to seeing as many of you as possible.
I should have asked, are you bringing a dinghy?

Ken

Feb 26, 2004
I should have asked, are you bringing a dinghy?
@Ken Cross

Sorry, nope. I haven't gotten it commissioned yet this year. Am in the process of getting all new anchor chain, which required removing the old chain, brionging the anchor home and having to hacksaw the old anchor connector off --- two lovely hours... Priorities. Good news was that the LANOCOTE I'd used on the anchor shackles, two of them dating back to 2011 and one to 2016, ALL came apart easily because I'd slathered the threads with Lanocote. Yippie.

Oct 24, 2010
Hunter 30 Everett, WA
Just curious. I'm only planning to bring a plastic single seat kayak. I guess we'll both be looking for dock space.

Ken

Feb 26, 2004
@Ken Cross

You're pretty good with that dock thing as I recall. :)

I can get off early early Monday morning.

Where may you be? Monday's a good day for me to get to Roche, by early afternoon and then meet somewhere later that day or Tuesday. That's if you're going to be there, if you're headed up here I'm flexible, very.

Let me know.

AaronD

Aug 10, 2014
Catalina 22 9874 Newberg, OR / Olympia, WA
We just came across Rosario this afternoon. We’re at the dock at James Island, probably for a couple nights.

Oct 24, 2010
Hunter 30 Everett, WA
Sitting here on the dock with Stew Jackson at Roche Harbor deciding where to go tomorrow.
Ken

Dec 25, 2000
Hunter Passage 42 Shelter Bay, WA
Speaking of :worthless:whatever happened to the boat babe? I miss her.

In keeping with the spirit of this thread, I plan on being on the water 8/23 heading north then west. Current destination is Parks Bay to rendezvous with Colin Banks on his Pacific Seacraft 34, Wassail. Perhaps others might make it as well. Really like to see whether Stu really exists, or just another anomaly. :biggrin:

Oct 24, 2010
Hunter 30 Everett, WA
Speaking of :worthless:whatever happened to the boat babe? I miss her.

In keeping with the spirit of this thread, I plan on being on the water 8/23 heading north then west. Current destination is Parks Bay to rendezvous with Colin Banks on his Pacific Seacraft 34, Wassail. Perhaps others might make it as well. Really like to see whether Stu really exists, or just another anomaly. :biggrin:
ETA ??? Parks Bay ETA???

Dec 28, 2015
Laser, Hunter H30 Cherubini Tacoma
Im going to be out Thursday, Friday, Saturday. How far are you guys going south?

Oct 24, 2010
Hunter 30 Everett, WA
We don't have our itinerary complete yet. Suggestions?.
Ken

Last edited: