Our 2003 C310!

Tom J

Sep 30, 2008
Catalina 310 Quincy, MA
Fantastic! Excellent troubleshooting and a quick fix. A great day was had by all!

Feb 26, 2004
Catalina 34 224 Maple Bay, BC, Canada
John,

Depth offset can of course be set on your DS. You've been told two ways. My way is #3: motor SLOWLY up to a KNOWN shallow SOFT spot and when you first touch bottom, look at the # on the DS. That is the ONLY # you need to know: when the DS hits X.YZ we're aground. No math required.
Like Les said, different charts have different datums so ya gotta be doing math anyway depending on where you are. :)

JRT

Feb 14, 2017
Catalina 310 211 Lake Guntersville, AL
Oh another first yesterday was my daughter and wife breaking out our lake map and figuring our location and the low depth areas. Learned there is 5' low area in the middle of open water and that the depth along certain coasts is actually very deep. Going to apply this new knowledge next time out a bit better to try and get a little further away.

Last night my son said he liked the new boat better to give everyone more space. He is looking forward to adding his canoe to the rack that came with the boat also.

JRT

Feb 14, 2017
Getting something for free, how often does that happen? Yesterday got a call from the company doing a hull buff and name removal about their progress. They told me 2-3 days so I figured they were done and I needed to pay them. My job doesn't let me carry a cell phone so we played telephone tag till my drive home. So they had good news and bad news. The good news is they completed a full topside cleaning and waxing the cabin, which they realized after was not what I agreed to. I signed up for just a hull from rub rail down buff and polish. So since it was their mistake I basically got a full Boat detail for just a hull buff and polish. The bad news was his buffer broke and he couldn't finish till next week and didn't want me upset if I came out and saw a have finished job. Real nice guy and I told him my other C310 owner wanted to see how it came out so he could consider it for his boat. I plan to work from my boat on Friday so I'll get some pics for sure showing the progress and improvement. He told me he had a 4 step process and basically they still had 3 more steps to go and was sure she was going to shine up like new.

JRT

Feb 14, 2017
Working from the boat today and doing a bit of checking. The only hose not replaced on my motor was the molded coolant hose from heat exchanger to pump. I'm pretty sure this it at Catalina Direct so is this going to require a full coolant drain to replace or what? Just want to be prepared for the first time I pull it off. Hose clamps look like a total pain too.

https://www.catalinadirect.com/shop...t-hose-heat-exchanger-to-pump-molded-m-25xpb/

Just looked a bit more, might as well do this little elbow as it is still OEM while I'm at it.

https://www.catalinadirect.com/shop...ne-cooling/engine-coolant-hose-m-25xpb-m-35b/

Last edited:

Tom J

Sep 30, 2008
Catalina 310 Quincy, MA
Working from the boat today and doing a bit of checking. The only hose not replaced on my motor was the molded coolant hose from heat exchanger to pump. I'm pretty sure this it at Catalina Direct so is this going to require a full coolant drain to replace or what? Just want to be prepared for the first time I pull it off. Hose clamps look like a total pain too.

https://www.catalinadirect.com/shop...t-hose-heat-exchanger-to-pump-molded-m-25xpb/

Just looked a bit more, might as well do this little elbow as it is still OEM while I'm at it.

https://www.catalinadirect.com/shop...ne-cooling/engine-coolant-hose-m-25xpb-m-35b/
I had replaced those hoses a number of years ago. I didn't do a complete drain of coolant, just removed the lower hose connection and drained whatever wanted to drain. I have always used long life coolant mix. If your coolant isn't too old, you shouldn't have to drain the whole system.

JRT

Feb 14, 2017
Coolant was changed last year, I'll order the 2 hoses and that should be all of them replaced.

Oct 3, 2011
Anam Cara Catalina 310 Hull #155 155 Lake Erie/Catawba Island
Make sure you check the motor mounts also-our mechanic who went over everything prior to us leaving on a journey checked and tightened them but they were good!

JRT

Feb 14, 2017
My first Catalina Direct Order. The little front hose is on backorder which is a bummer.20190508_175824.jpg

Dec 16, 2011
Catalina 310 Atlantic Highlands
My first Catalina Direct Order.
I see you have the green "power on" light for the DC panel...I also had to replace that when I bought hull #48 five or so years ago...

JRT

Feb 14, 2017
I started out just planning to order hoses but the shipping charges encourage you to add on!

Nov 16, 2012
Catalina 310, 2000, #31 31 Santa Cruz
I see you have the green "power on" light for the DC panel...I also had to replace that when I bought hull #48 five or so years ago...
If yours burns out again I can tell you where to buy an LED version that shouldn’t do that...

Oct 3, 2011
Anam Cara Catalina 310 Hull #155 155 Lake Erie/Catawba Island
we also replaced ours just after we got the boat, as it also had burned out, I remember comments about not replacing or putting tape over it as it was too bright (?). We like it of course its personal preference.
I am also with justin nsa!

JRT

Feb 14, 2017
Ya I like to make everything correct if possible. Probably not sleeping on her fpr awhile so will judge how the light impacts is then.