Our 2003 C310!

JRT

Feb 14, 2017
Catalina 310 211 Lake Guntersville, AL
Thanks, I have a good idea on the size and pictures, but my wife has to see it how she wants to use it. The current owners have been super nice a accommodating. We couldn't make this week work due to my daughters performance schedules so we are now planning for next Wednesday. Life is difficult to align everything.

May 2, 2012
Catalina 310 Toronto, Ontario
John ......... in your collection of pictures you show a new ProNautic 12-40P, where was this installed. I'm looking for a better place to put mine instead of the place the old charger was back in the stern.

Cheers
2 Old Pirates

JRT

Feb 14, 2017
John ......... in your collection of pictures you show a new ProNautic 12-40P, where was this installed. I'm looking for a better place to put mine instead of the place the old charger was back in the stern.

Cheers
2 Old Pirates
It was installed on the aft side of the bulkhead behind the engine. The previous owner installed the Catalina Insulated Access panel for the engine, so it is on the port side of this hatch. The wiring and runs were shockingly neat and clean with proper ties, chafe protection and clean professional installation. The current owner did this upgrade and maintenance last year including all new batteries. I've seen a lot of hack installs, this was very nice. I'm not sure if the location will need protection when using the aft berth, but that is an easy enough problem to solve if it turns out to be problem.

Oct 3, 2011
Anam Cara Catalina 310 Hull #155 155 Lake Erie/Catawba Island
Trying to visualize where you put it....
Our boat is still on the hard and the new charger and Batteries are on the to do list this year.. prior to the season really getting under way.
Our Charles charger is back on the port side stern lazarette.
we are going with the pronautic 12-40P and 2-4D AGM batteries

Nov 18, 2010
Catalina 310 Hingham, MA
Trying to visualize where you put it....
Our boat is still on the hard and the new charger and Batteries are on the to do list this year.. prior to the season really getting under way.
Our Charles charger is back on the port side stern lazarette.
we are going with the pronautic 12-40P and 2-4D AGM batteries
The bulkhead between the head and the foot area of the aft berth. So still on the starboard side but in a more protected area. This is where I have my watermaker and Balmar regulator.

May 2, 2012
Thanks for the feed back. Going over this weekend to remove batteries and plan layout and cables I'll need.
Cheers All
2 Old Pirates

Oct 3, 2011
Anam Cara Catalina 310 Hull #155 155 Lake Erie/Catawba Island
Thanks for the feed back. Going over this weekend to remove batteries and plan layout and cables I'll need.
Cheers All
2 Old Pirates
Let us know how things go, pics would be great!-BTW you must still have SNOW!

May 2, 2012
:banghead::yikes::banghead: Just lots of thick ice ......... taking forever to melt.

Has anyone ever had a nut seize up on a Post terminal before. Tried WD 40 and can't get it to move. May have to cut it off. Any other suggestion would be appreciated.

Last edited:

DaveJ

Apr 2, 2013
Catalina 310 Niagara-on-the-Lake
If it is seized then it will continue to give you issues. I'd replace the complete terminal, they are not that much $$$$.
upload_2019-3-13_15-13-6.png

Cut the bolt and spread the terminal apart.
Not sure if these are rated for marine use, but I used the picture just for the explanation.
Cheers

May 2, 2012
Terminal Post Claps.jpg :dancing: DaveJ......... that's what I was looking at a few minutes ago. These are for marine use.

Last edited:
May 20, 2016
Catalina 36 MK1 94 Everett, WA
Wytekwire.com sells just the bolt. Do yourself a favor and only use crimped battery cables.

May 2, 2012
Just talked to the supplier of batteries and he said just to cut it off. Doesn't matter if it is missing. Their recycling the batteries.

JRT

Feb 14, 2017
Are you talking cutting the posts or the cables? I'd cut the cables as cutting the post is risky with puncturing the battery

JRT

Feb 14, 2017
Don't have a deal yet, hope to work it out Thursday.

Did review logs, cutlass and bottom was painted in 2014 right before sale to current owner, it was the third bottom paint since new. They put a little over 100 hours on the motor since they bought. Batteries are 4 golf cart 6V plus a starter battery.