Hunter 37C Database - HELP NEEDED!

Jun 8, 2004
C&C Frigate 36 St. Margarets Bay, Nova Scotia
Hi there H37C Owners,

Its a new year and I am taking another stab at refining the database of our boats. Attached is a copy of what I have so far. Missing info is highlighted yellow. For the build month, all I need is the last letter of your HIN (hull identification number, located on the upper right edge of the transom). There are also a couple of fields that are not shown publicly: your real name and your email (both are optional if you want to include them). So, if you have any updates or corrections, post them here, or PM me or email me at jameslegere[at]eastlink.ca (put the @ in the appropriate spot...). Once I have updated the data base as far as I can, I will make it available via email to any interested owners. I will also be updating the H37C History soon, if you have any other info for me.

I WOULD PARTICULARLY LIKE TO HEAR FROM THE FOLLOWING OWNERS- I don't have your HIN or enough info to include your boat at present: JohnB; Richard Shelby; Adjusterdehart; aboarduet; Pishon; emilbec; Steve h37c; smittyssi; YEHUDI; brobins75; merrickm65; CaptDanS; ybrad; tansey; Ollie Ree

Thanks for your help everyone! ;)

Attachments

Jun 2, 2004
Hunter 37-cutter, '79 41 23' 30"N 82 33' 20"W--------Huron, OH
Thanks Jim, lots of hard work there. Now I have it here on the tablet. And just downloaded the history pdf also. We still have a lot of question marks there, mostly in the 1981 column I think. Maybe one of the '81 owners could check it out. Then another difference question arose while looking at pictures the other day. Darned if I can remember. One thing I noticed last time at the boat(Nov.), a"lift here" marking on the toerail. Took me thirteen years to see that.

Jun 8, 2004
Keep it coming...

Lots of good info trickling in - thanks to all those who are taking the time to email or PM me. Good work folks!

May 3, 2009
H Cherubini 37 Madisonville, La., Pontchartrain
database

Jim,
Hull# HUN37010M79A, Vessel name: FANTOME, Owner: Wally Rivett
I believe you have my # and FredV's # as the same in your database.
Thanks for taking the time to do this.
Wally

Jun 8, 2004
Jim,
Hull# HUN37010M79A, Vessel name: FANTOME, Owner: Wally Rivett
I believe you have my # and FredV's # as the same in your database.
Thanks for taking the time to do this.
Wally
Thanks Wally,
I have corrected your HIN and entered your boat's name.

I'll probably let this thread run for a month or so to reap what info I can and then issue the "Update 2012 H37C Database". I would also like to update the "Hunter 37 Cutter History", so if you have anything to add in that dept., send it my way... Its a great bunch of folks dedicated to a great boat, so its definitely my pleasure to compile this stuff!

Jim

buoy

Jan 26, 2008
Hunter 37' Cutter Lake Lanier
For the record:
Hun37183M80H Hull: 183, Yr:1980, Built: March, Boat Name: Millie n Me. Owner: George Buoy. Home Port: Lake Lanier, GA

Hope this helps.

George

Jun 2, 2004
Hunter 37-cutter, '79 41 23' 30"N 82 33' 20"W--------Huron, OH
So George, your profile states that you joined SBO in 2008. Have we ever heard from you before? Or did you just find us and if so, how? Curious because we know there are a lot of 37- cutters out there that we wish we could log. And four grandchildren that love to sail? I have four who could care less. But a fifth, little guy just 20 months, I have hope for.

Jun 8, 2004
For the record:
Hun37183M80H Hull: 183, Yr:1980, Built: March, Boat Name: Millie n Me. Owner: George Buoy. Home Port: Lake Lanier, GA

Hope this helps.

George
Thanks George - a whole new entry in the database! Somehow I never shook out your details from the HOW Owners Directory. I have searched for Hunter 37 Cutter owners on all the keywords - "Cutter", "37-Cutter", "H37C" etc. but I never found you. Thanks for the info!

Jun 8, 2004
And the data keeps coming...

Thanks for the info tcbilgerat and emilbec!

Johnb

Jan 22, 2008
Hunter 37-cutter Richmond CA
Jim,

HUN37324M83F
Named Kinyonga
Home port Richmond California
Maureen and John Brecher

Has apparently been a Bay Area boat for almost all its life. First owner sold her to a temporary resident from Argentina who was recalled by his company, and we bought her via a broker in 1999.

Jun 8, 2004
Jim,

HUN37324M83F
Named Kinyonga
Home port Richmond California
Maureen and John Brecher

Has apparently been a Bay Area boat for almost all its life. First owner sold her to a temporary resident from Argentina who was recalled by his company, and we bought her via a broker in 1999.
Hi John and thank you for the information. I am puzzled about your HIN though...either the hull # or the build month (letter at the end) is possibly incorrect. HUN37323M83D (Malaya) and HUN37325M83D (Courageous) should bracket your boat according to hull #, but both were built in November whereas the "F" in your HIN indicates January. I would guess that either you have a higher hull # (334?) or the last letter of your HIN should be "D". Perhaps the next time you are on board, you could have a check and get back to me?

Many thanks, Jim

Dec 5, 2011
Hunter 37c Scotland
Hi Jim
This forum is a wealth of experience and information, and is much appreciated.

HUN 37075M79H
Wanderer
River Tay, Dundee, Scotland

I believe this boat has crossed the Atlantic three times. I've yet to get it in the water though.

Angus

Jun 8, 2004
Much obliged for the update Angus. Everytime I run out of steam on the database, someone comes along and gives me another boost!

March 1979 was a busy month at Hunter - the HINs I have collected show at least six Hunter 37 Cutters rolled out the door in New Jersey that month.

I'll publish the database on the HOW site, once the updates from owners cease. In addition to the HIN register, there is an owner directory (using the HOW Owner account names to maintain the same level of privacy), a list of known parts suppliers, and a list of known production differences by model year. I hope it will be of some use. It will also be available in Excel spreadsheet (with hyperlinks) to owners who email me for a copy. :dance: