Hunter 260 Centerboard

Aug 19, 2020
Hunter 260 26 Lantana
I am looking for a boat repair shop in the Lantana Florida area that will replace my Hunter 260 centerboard. The steel Centerboard pivot pin failed and the centerboard was lost, which caused the vessel to loose stability and capsize while at its mooring.

Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
Loosing the Center board in a 26/260 shouldn’t cause a loss of stability. It weighs in the order of 100lbs or so. I would be looking for another explanation on the capsize. Was the ballast tank full? Or did the Center board bracket bolt break allowing flooding of the interior?

Bracket drawing is available here:

:plus:

The centerboard is not a significant part of the ballast system for that boat.

Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
But to answer your question. I think the chandlers that sponsors this forum sells centerboards for the Hunters.

Call the store or maybe @Dave Groshong will chime in. :biggrin:

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
Being involved with the design and top selling dealer; concur with those here as it was not ballast. Something else occurred as the pin is held in place when the centerboard bracket is up in the centerboard housing. What is the history of this boat. How about pictures as it appears the boat is out of the water? More info is needed for example any storms recently occurred, etc.